Chapter 4

Scott was in Stiles' car, Erica in the passenger seat and Isaac and Boyd in the back seat. It felt wrong driving his car. He felt like he was somehow stealing from Stiles. This was Stiles' baby. He loved this car and, he, being the weird ass he is, would probably hold a funeral when the car finally died. When Mrs. Stilinski was still alive this was her car. Scott had always guessed that Stiles loved the car because it reminded him of her. Scott remembered Stiles telling him about how he was going to be named Roscoe but his father refused to let Mrs. Stilinski name his son the same as she named her car.

He pulled into the restaurant behind Jackson's Porsche. They had agreed on going to lunch together, thinking it was probably something Stiles would have told them to do. Just as they reached the door Scott felt his phone vibrate.

'Hurry back, emergency' Derek had texted him.

'On our way' He texted back quickly.

"We have to go back." Scott said, turning and walking back to the car.

"Wh- no, wait. We just got here." Jackson complained.

"Derek said it was an emergency."

"Stiles probably attacked him or something, he deserved it. Come on." Jackson retaliated, trying to walk into the restaurant.

"Maybe something happened to Stiles." Scott said. Jackson shut his mouth, walking back to his car.

Scott tossed Stiles' keys to Boyd, unable to drive Stiles' car again. He got in the back seat, allowing Erica to sit shotgun.

"What's with Jackson?" Erica asked once they were in the car. " He's all, like, lovey-dovey toward Stiles now."

No one answered her, and to be completely honest, Erica only said it because she knew everyone was thinking it.

They drove in next to Jackson and all jumped out of the car. Isaac and Jackson were in front, almost wrestling each other to get through the door. No one was in the living room, but it was easy to smell them down the hall. They ran into Derek's room, stopping when the saw him petting Stiles.

Lydia cleared her throat, causing Derek and Stiles to look up. "You said there was an emergency."

"Uh, yeah, yes." Derek stuttered, standing. "Um, Stiles is not a born wolf-"

"Knew it." Scott whispered under his breath.

"- he's an Alpha's Mate." Derek finished. Everyone was quiet for a minute.

"So, like, is he your mate or some other Alpha?" Erica asked quietly. Derek's face was red, which gave away the answer even before he said it.

"Um, mine." he said. "But to have him turn back, you guys have to, like, accept him. That's what Deaton said."

"Accept him?" Allison asked.

"I don't know. Realize that this is who he is, and what he always was, and always will be?" it came out as more of a question.

Jackson was the first to walk toward Stiles, holding out his hand. Stiles jumped off the bed and to Jackson, nudging his hand up to pet the top of his head. Jackson hesitantly pet Stiles, leaning over before he sat on the floor. Isaac was quick to sit right next to him, running his nails along the white fur on Stiles' torso.

Erica plopped down on the other side on Jackson, Boyd right behind her. Allison and Lydia were next, both kneeling next to Isaac.

Scott, instead, walked to the bed and sat next to Derek.

"Mate?" he asked. Derek looked to him, nodding.

"Everyone has a soulmate. Everyone has someone that's destine for them, a match made in heaven you could say." Derek said, looking back to the pack. "It's a bit weird sometimes, because you may not have any romantic feelings for them, but you were meant for each other, you were meant to some how make an impact on that person's life. Sometimes it's more then one person." he nodded to Allison and Lydia, the latter who was reaching over Isaac to tap Jackson on the shoulder. "Sometimes it's even a family member. There's on pack in France that my mom was friends with and there were twins who were soulmates."

"More then one?" Scott asked. Derek looked at him again.

"Allison, Lydia, Jackson." he answered. "They're all made for each other."

"How can you tell?" Scott asked.

"Deaton." Derek answered quietly. "When you become an emisarry, you learn how to tell, and he taught my mom who in turn taught me and my siblings."

"Who's mine?" Scott asked. Derek smiled.

"Do you really want to know?" Scott nodded. "Isaac." Scott's eyes widened.

"Serious?" he asked. Derek nodded. "Did you know about Stiles and you?"

"No." Derek answered, looking back at the white wolf. "I mean, it's different with yourself, you don't really see it with yourself."

"How do you tell?" Scott asked, looking at Stiles who was now lying down, his head in Erica's lap.

"When a someone looks at it's soulmate it's eyes turn about a shade lighter." Derek answered. "It was a bit hard finding out about Jackson and Lydia and Allison, because, at first I thought it was just Lydia. Like, I though that she had both of them because Allison and Jackson never really look at each other, but the other week I went to check on her because she was sick and they looked at each other and it was like woah." Scott nodded. Derek smiled. "When your mom looks at Stiles' dad it happens."

Scott smiled. "Really?" he nodded.

"I mean, Mr. Stilinski's still do it when he looks at a picture of his wife," Derek said. "But I'm pretty sure your mom does too. That picture of her and Mrs. Stilinski in your hallway, I thought I saw it."

"They were close." Scott said. "That's how Stiles and I met."

"I knew her." Derek said. "Mrs. Stilinski. She was my 5th grade English teacher." Scott nodded. "She was probably the best teacher ever, she let us eat in class which was literally the best thing ever."

They were quiet for a minute. "She'd talk about Stiles sometimes." Scott looked at him. "She'd say that he was the nicest kid. I think she brought him in once. He was sick or something." Derek blinked a few times. "She stopped talking about him for a few weeks and someone asked about him and she asked him who Stiles was. Everyone in class just kind of stopped and looked at each other and then we started asking questions about things from a bit ago and she couldn't remember any of it." he sighed. "None of us did anything for a bit, and then someone went to the nurse and told her what happened, which didn't do anything." he scratched the back of his neck. "That was a year before she died."

Scott closed his eyes, rubbing his hands over his face. He stood up and walked next to Allison, bending over and running his fingers along the white coat of fur.

Stiles stood suddenly, jumping onto the bed and nudging his nose at the blanket. Derek looked at him, confused. Stiles pawed at the blanket quickly but he was too late. The fur seemed to suck into his body.

Stiles covered his private area with his hands. "I'm naked." he stated.

"Yes you quite are." Erica replied. "And we're going to all leave so you can un-naked yourself. Come on Boyd."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my lovely people. I actually really like this chapter.

You should totally go check out my other Sterek story The Peices of My Heart (They Lye Shattered on the Ground)