Chapter 3

Derek stared down at the wolf, frozen. Stiles was a wolf. He was seriously, actually a wolf. A wolf, that was Stiles, sat in front of him. Stiles, who was a wolf, was sitting on his couch. At this moment, Stiles was sitting in front of him in the form of a wolf.

"What the fuck?" Jackson muttered next to him, snapping him out of his daze. Derek looked around, the entire pack was looking at Stiles.

"Out. Out, out, out, out, out." Derek said, ushering them toward the door. "Just, go to school or something, but go."

"Why?" Isaac asked when they got into the foyer. "What if he needs help?"

"I got this. When born wolves first change they attack everything." he said. "Go."

"Born wolf?!" Scott exclaimed. "What are you talking about? Stiles can't be- He's not-"

"Just go!" Derek yelled, flashing his eyes. Scott snapped his mouth shut, glaring at him. "Now." he said, calmly this time, but keeping the firm undertone.

Scott huffed as he left, snatching Stiles' keys from the hook. "Call me when he's back to normal."

Derek rolled his eyes, turning and walking back into the living room. He jumped slightly at the sight of Peter walking down the stairs.

"So, Stiles a born wolf?" he said, nodding toward the motionless wolf. Derek shrugged.

"I'm not sure." Derek said.

"I mean, his a bit of a late bloomer, but so were you. You didn't have your first shift until you were fourteen." Peter said, pushing himself off the door frame.

"Seventeen and fourteen are two different ages." Derek said. Peter smiled. "Don't say it."

"He could be an Alpha's mate." Peter said despite Derek's warning. "You're mate."

"Stiles is not my mate." Derek said. Peter shrugged.

Derek shook his head at the older man before turning his attention to Stiles, who still hadn't moved.

"Is he dead?" Peter joked. Derek glared at him as he laughed at his own joke.

Derek walked around the couch, kneeling in front of the wolf. He stared at its - at Stiles' - red eyes. He was pure white.

"Jesus." Derek was startled by the sudden voice. "I was told he was throwing up." Deaton said walking around the couch and setting his kit of Deaton things down on the coffee table.

He kneeled next to Derek staring at Stiles.

"Stiles." the wolf looked to him."I'm going to examine you, if that's okay?" Deaton said tentatively.

Stiles nodded his head slowly. Deaton reached his hand up, smoothing the hair on the top of Stiles' head. Petting his almost. Stiles became slightly less stiff. Deaton moved his hands down to inspect his paw, then moving to the snout, and lastly to the eyes.

"Red." Deaton muttered. "I know for a fact that he can't be a born, he's to old to have just changed. So..." Deaton stared at Derek.

"He is the Alpha's Mate." Derek sighed. Deaton nodded. Derek looked back to Stiles. "So how long is he going to be like this?"

"Until the pack knows and accepts him." Deaton answered. "When your father first changed Peter was out of town and he couldn't get back for a few days." he smiled fondly. "It was funny watching him stumble around as a wolf." Derek smiled back. He turned to check on Peter but found that he was no longer in the room. He sighed.

"Okay." Derek nodded. "Thanks."

Deaton grabbed his bag and left without another word. Derek turned and looked back at Stiles, who blinked slowly at him.

"You would've like them, the whole pack would've." Derek said, mostly to himself. "My family, that is." he said, scratching the back of his neck. "Laura would've loved you." he smiled. "And Heather, they would fawn over you." he stared at Stiles, who stared back, still unmoving. He sighed. "Alpha- My mom used to say that they got too attached to humans, which they did, we all did, she did. Humans are just so - they're so fragile. Like I could lose contol at any time and just tear a human apart, but I don't want to, I'd never want to. It's like holding a newborn baby and they're just so small and weak and it's be so easy just to snap it in half, but you'd never do it, because they're too precious for anyone to want to do that." Derek pushed himself up. "That probably didn't make sense."

He walked to his phone, picking it up and opening it.

'Hurry back, emergency' he texted Scott before sliding his phone into his pocket.

Stiles shuffled on the couch, tucking his legs under him so he could lye down. He rested his head on the arm rest. Derek felt his phone vibrate and he knew it was Scott. He didn't check it.

Derek walk down the hall passing Isaac's room. He stopped. He turned back and entered the room. It was tidy. Isaac never tidied it. Isaac never even had time to tidy it. Derek sighed, realise that Stiles had probably done it while they had been training.

He exited the room, walking into his room and changing his shirt that had been ripped during training. He sat on his bed, putting his head in his hands. Stiles was his mate. Wolves mate for life. He was brought out of his thoughts by the clicking of Stiles' paws hitting the wooden floor. The white wold poked his head through the door.

Derek patted next to him on his bed, straightening up. Stiles, from across the room, jumped onto the bed. He laid down resting his head on Derek's knee.

Derek let his hand hover over Stiles for a second before he though, fuck it, and started to pet him. Stiles' fur was soft. Like silk almost, unlike his real hair. Stiles' hair always had product it.

"What are we going to do with you?" Derek asked softly. Stiles shifted his head to stare at Derek. Derek stared back, noticing that Stiles' eyes weren't full alpha red. They still had an amber tint to them, something that showed that Stiles wasn't just a wolf, he was still a human. Derek sighed for what seemed like the millionth time.

***

Ahh finally. This is just a filler chapter, sorry!

Go check out my other Sterek book, (The Pieces of My Heart) They Lye Shattered on the Ground please