005 | sun king

━━┛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄┗━━

━━┓'𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠' ┏━━

━━┓'𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠' ┏━━

━━ ★ ━━

. . . MOS EISLEY, TATOOINE

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄 of the cantina, Cora stared at the woman sitting in front of her.

"Wynn," Cora repeated. She had heard the name before, she knew she had.

It came to her in small pieces. Her mother hadn't spoken about it in years, especially not after Orpheus had died. It would have been too dangerous to speak of the Jedi on the Emperor's planet, treason, but that wasn't the real reason. It was painful for Lyranna to remember a life she had once had. The stories only came after they begged as children. Her normally serene expression always became pinched like she was remembering a phantom pain.

Wynnetka Adairi was a Jedi. Better than that, I counted her as a friend. She might have been one of the first people who truly believed in me besides Padmé.

Cora didn't know what to say. What are you supposed to say to one of the galaxy's greatest Jedi? Sitting across from her in the booth, she looked quite unassuming.

Cora decided to go with the facts. "You're supposed to be dead."

Wynn tilted her head. With her silver eyes, she looked like an owl. "Depends on who you ask, but I do consider myself alive."

"Hm," Cora mused.

She was probably supposed to be impressed, and in a way she was, but she had always been wary of the Jedi. They had been blinded by their hubris, cut down when they were supposed to be protecting the galaxy. Still, there was leverage to be had here. When she was little and visiting Tatooine, there were stories of a cloaked Jedi who was once the great Obi-Wan Kenobi. The dirt-caked children who ran around the streets told stories about the days when he had killed a hundred stormtroopers in the streets. The adults shook their heads and said crazy old Ben Kenobi was only just that: and old man. It was anyone's guess how much of that was true, but if he was still alive, Wynn would know. It was common political knowledge that Kenobi had been a close friend of the Organa's. He might be able to help.

"You must know Ben. Ben Kenobi? Everyone I've asked dismisses him as a hermit."

At the mention of the name, all the hard edges of Wynn's face softened. Her silver eyes looked less like ice and more like slivers of pale moonlight. The corners of her eyes wrinkled when she smiled, but that was the only part of her face that showed her age.