007 | where to now

━━┛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍┗━━

━━┓'𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐰' ┏━━

━━ ★ ━━

. . . HYPERSPACE

𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the excitement of listening to Han yell at Chewie, the navicomputer, and the entire Imperial fleet, the shaking of the ship stopped. Boredom set in not long after the ship began to drift in the peace of hyperspace. Chewbacca had eventually made his way to the common space and was sitting at the holochess table deep in a game with Cora. Tamis had always lost to her whenever they played, but she had spent years losing to Sammy, who always had the perfect strategy.

Cora stared down the Wookie as he took his time. He pushed his Grimtaash forward, and it smashed her poor Scrimp in the head. She groaned and the Wookie just laughed at her.

"I'm so glad you're enjoying this," Cora lamented.

He said a few guttural words, taunting her no doubt. It was maddening to not know what he was saying. She had never wanted to learn Shyriiwook more.

Luke was practicing with the lightsaber, currently locked in a battle with a floating metal ball. His face was screwed up in utmost concentration. Cora was trying to remain focused on the holo chess board, but she kept seeing the blue light flash in the corner of her eye.

Suddenly the light retreated and the saber shut off with an uncanny hiss. She glanced up to see Obi-Wan standing off to the side, leaning on the back of a chair with a stricken look on his face.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?" Luke said, concerned.

Cora looked out of the corner of her eye to see Obi-Wan lowering himself onto one of the narrow chairs on the other side of the room. She tried to remain unaffected. It was easier to act detached in the persona of Anika Rees. Cora could retreat from the world and hide within herself, burying emotions deep.

"I sensed a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." He took a deep breath. "You'd better get on with your exercises."

Cora wanted to scream. The droning noise of the lightsaber was grating on her nerves. She had half a mind to grab the thing out of Luke's hand and melt it into a puddle.

"You can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs!" Han said as he came down the hall. "I told you I'd outrun them."

Cora had her head balanced in her hands, staring at the holochess board in front of her. Obi-Wan was still sitting in his chair, watching Luke who was again focused on the floating ball droid that was shooting tiny ion fire.