Chapter 6

"Y/n you need to calm down Hun." A soothing voice of a woman spoke.

"Sorry...I'm just so excited to finally see Bubba again!!" Y/n responded to the woman's voice as they kick their legs around in the car.

"We know kiddo, but you gotta sit still. You're distracting the driver." A rough, yet soft voice a man said, chuckling.

"But I'm just so happy!! I haven't got to see him in-this many days!!" Y/n smiled showing their fingers before frowning, "I don't have enough fingers..."

"It's ok kid, we're excited to see your brother too. We haven't heard from him for a bit, so I'm sure this surprise will be nice." The man spoke, turning to Y/n with a smile.

"...What if he doesn't miss me...?" Y/n thought a loud with a pout, "He always leaves during our calls..."

"Oh Hun...Your brother loves you dearly. I'm sure he misses you, and that he's just busy." The woman assured, patting Y/n's head.

"But what if he doesn't miss me?!" Y/n cried, getting a little upset. The man took a second to turn his body fully to Y/n, keeping one hand on the wheel as he gave Y/n firm look.

"Kiddo, your brother would never not miss you. He's always asking how you're doing whenever he has the time. So don't you worry, and don't let those doubts scare you from-"

The sounds of the car screeching was heard as a car came out of nowhere, not stopping at the red light.

"HENRY LOOK OUT-"

A sudden ear piercing sound of crash was heard as Y/n's vision went dark. The car didn't stop in time...

Y/n coughed as they felt a crushing weight on top of them crying out in pain...it was hard to breathe...

"M-mama....? P-papa...?" they cried, tears staining their small cheeks as the smell of fire and smoke filled their senses. They couldn't see anything...or move...

All they could do was cry and cry for their parents...

"Over here!! I think I heard something...Everyone move!!"

Suddenly Y/n was lifted up by a cop, and they coughed out painfully looking up as they no longer smelt fire.

"Kid, stay with me here. Are you ok? What is your name?" The cop asked, carrying them over to a nearby ambulance.

"Y-y/n..." Y/n rasped out

"Ok...ok you're responding that's good. My name is
Jeff and I'm a cop...I'm gonna get you to a hospital for help ok?" The cop said softly and Y/n shook their head No.

"B-but what about my Mama and Papa?!"

"I'll save them too...but you need to be brave ok? You're gonna need to be alone for a bit...can you handle that?" He asked

"I-I can be brave...I can..." Y/n nodded before they felt themselves being placed on something, and the cop quickly left.

Slowly their vision began to darken once more as paramedics came rushing over to them, as well as some rushing to a car crash.

Y/n could only see one thing before blacking out...

Both their parents being pulled from the crash...

With no movement.