Chapter 14

Y/n swung back into Miles's home, without getting noticed as they entered through Miles's room window, quickly slipping over their normal clothes over their suit.

Placing the pizza box on Miles's bed, Y/n sat on the floor, completely in silence as they stared at their shaky hands.

"It can't..he can't be...I don't get it..." Y/n muttered to themself, bouncing their leg up and down.

"For a whole year, he was never seen, and now he's some- Bad guy?? I-I thought I told him to escape! Why didn't he listen?" Y/n began to become frustrated with themself, gripping at their hair.

"And it's not like Miles and I meant to blow him up while destroying the collider!! It had to be done!! And I remember that I told him to run!! But for some reason, HE DIDNT!! If anything, it's his own fault for him turning into-" Y/n groaned even louder rubbing their eyes, banging the back of their head lightly against Miles's bed frame.

Before stopping, and pulling out their phone, opening the phone case, and there laid a single picture of John and Y/n, when they we're about maybe 5. It was burnt, very badly. You couldn't even see Y/n's face. But you could see John's. It was the picture their parents took right after John graduated...

It was the only thing that was recovered from the collider that was his possession before being declared dead. He always told Y/n that it was his favorite picture. And that he carried it around everywhere he went.

"God Damnit John..." Y/n sighed, placing the burnt phone back in their phone case.

Y/n was conflicted. That much was obvious.

One part of their mind is saying to rejoice that their brother isn't actually dead!! And the other half wonders...Why? Why did he never bother to show himself? Why did he feel like he needed to turn to the life of crime?

Why didn't he come back home?

Y/n waited for him.

In hopes that he would be found by some miracle.

But he never came.

Like always...

"Y/n? Are you in there dear? I heard your voice." Rio's soft voice asked, knocking on the door to Miles's, "What have we talked about with close doors? You better not be in here with Miles!!"

Y/n scrambled to get up and quickly opened the door for Miles's mom, and smiled awkwardly at her.

"Miles is actually not here at the moment Mrs. Morales...it's just me." Y/n defended and Rio nodded in response.

"So where is that son of mine Hm? Off doing illegal things?? Do you know anything?" Rio squinted her eyes a bit, confusing Y/n.

"Uh...No. As far as I know, he's picking something up."

"Hm. Alright then." Rio hummed before widening her eyes, "Oh! I almost forgot! The Party on the roof for Jeff just started! You're more than welcome to join."

"Ah right! He's becoming Captain soon! Time flies by huh?" Y/n giggled and Rio joined in.

"It sure does...I just hope Miles gets back here in time to here his father's speech...He's been practicing it in the mirror for 3 days now." Rio smirked and Y/n smiled. It's funny how Miles and his dad is so similar. Even when he don't realize it.

"I'm sure he'll be there." Y/n assured and Rio thanked them.

"Ah, I'm so glad my son finally found someone like you. I swear he's more awkward than how his father was with me. But you two, fit perfectly." Rio complimented and Y/n's face flushed.