xChapter 42 - The East Side (Finale)

In a small dusty room in the basement of The East Side Express is Vanessa Deli, she's sitting on an old red couch which is behind a glass table. On that table are two objects. One is Mesto-Presto's black bag, which Graham took by accident, and the other is a wooden box with a metal lock on it. The box that Graham & Blanko dug up from Starlight High not too long ago.

As she contemplates what could possibly be inside that wooden box, she hears the door leading to the room unlock, and the person who enters the room is Marcus Veridan.

"MARCUS?!" Vanessa asks shocked, "Wh-what are you doing here? How did you even get in here!"

"Oh y'know, I'm in the business of performing miracles," Marcus replies cheekily.

"You are?" Vanessa asks confused.

"Uh...kinda," Marcus says, "look I came all this way since I had a question for you."

"Which is?"

"Why? Why did you do all of that? Why did you burn down the school and make a scene at the Gala!" Marcus asks.

"The school thing was an accident, we were just trying to get this box, as for the gala, that was just a distraction, but it was also my idea," Vanessa says, "After what the MSA did, whenever I see them try and pretend to be so nice... I just get so mad! Y'know, after that whole stunt I did they're probably gonna hunt me down."

"That isn't true though!" Marcus begins to say, "They're actually campaigning for you to get off on a light sentence."

"They are?" Vanessa asks confused, "But I was so sure that they'd be- URGH this doesn't make any sense!"

"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did the MSA do?" Marcus asks.

"It... It was seven years ago, back then I was living with my family in public housing, however the housing we were staying at closed down so the MSA could open up a new business there. They got their business, I lost my home," Vanessa says.

"I....I'm sorry to hear that," Marcus says, "I hope you know that there are people out there who care about you."

Vanessa smiles softly and replies, "Yeah, you too."

However, her face turns serious when they hear the door open. From the doorway steps Andy Nibble, who's entering the room with a smirk on his face.

"Yo Vanny, you got the goods?" Andy asks.

Vanessa nods as she grabs the wooden box and tosses it at Andy, he catches it.

"Good good," Andy says as he sees Marcus in the room, "and you must be the friend of those guys outside."

Marcus looks at Andy Nibble and despite not even being able to see Andy's eyes since it's hidden under his bucket hat, Marcus can tell that this man is someone he does not want to mess with.

"I'd like to apologize for the trouble that we caused you and your friends today and two months ago," Andy says with a smile on his face, "Y'see, Gabriel got a bit...carried away trying to get this."

Marcus looks at the wooden box in Andy's hand and despite wanting to ask questions, no words come out of Marcus' mouth.

"It's something we've been trying to find for a long time, so he was a bit desperate, but don't worry, we're all done messing with your school, so you don't need to worry about us," Andy says as he begins to show Marcus back the way he came, with Vanessa following.

As Andy, Marcus, & Vanessa exit into the hallway and then the main area in the basement, they see that standing in the room is Mesto, Ronnie, Alex, Elizabeth, Graham, Blanko, and a now conscious yet bruised Mister Amnestor. Mesto-Presto & Amnestor are holding the unconscious Hunter Huntingson who's still knocked out from Andy's choke.