Chapter 7~My decision, not yours~

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to update in a while, I've been super busy lately, thanks to all my readers, really appreciated guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Any objections to this decree, speak now or hold your peace" The princess asked.

I gave deep thought about this, about if it would be best to just go with the decision, or stand up for what I really wanted, Penny meant the most to me, she'd been the only family I'd really ever had..

Truth was..

I liked Penny..

So I decided to keep my cool and my mouth shut until she mentioned the second teaming.

"In that case I shall continue" She said.

"In team two, the following shall be selected for my assignment"

"Meric Tybalt, male, medic. Arthur Terrowin, male, 3rd class Knight. Ethan Cromwell, male, archer. Mia Hamshire, female, mage. Kai Asherick, male, 2nd class knight" She concluded.

I was very surprised to hear that Mia and Ethan were here it'd been quite the while I'd seen any of them. Apart from Penny they were one of my closest friends and I knew how much I would love to be on the same team as they were.

"Those are the chosen of team two, I will assign a seperate mission any moment from now to both teams, stay alert. But before I progress, I ask finally, any objections?"

I knew this was my one and final chance to speak up.

"Your higness I have an objection" I said in a meek tone.

"What do you have to say squire?" She said boldly.

"Umm yeah, can anyone like umm..swap teams and stuff if they're not satisfied with the decisions made?" I asked jittery.

Just then everyone gave me tight stares, especially penny, but she, she did it with a small laugh.

"Yes, you can, but it depends, Kai is it?" She asked.

"Yes milady" I bowed showing my distinct courtesy.

"Wow" she said in astonishment, I wondered why.

"Kai Farfelee Asherick, I've heard you're a significant and exceptional warrior, I'm amazed by your recent duties in and around Elsword, for that reason and that only, you shall be awarded a team modification".