Chapter Ten

Darla Saint to the side-->

Icarus POV

I was wandering around the mansion now, getting a feel for my new setting. It was similar to Aegeus's home except the highest floor in Zaikai's house was the master bedroom. You also had to take a long winding staircase up to get there. Other than that they were both extremely extravagant homes.

I slipped out of Zaikai's study when he was to intent in his work to notice me leave. He wanted me near him at all times for protection, like the tons of guards littering his home weren't enough already. Every five or so doors there was a guard or even two. They would just nod when I passed and or said "evening Master Icarus," I don't think I could ever get used to that title.

The guards were also not just all vampires, they were a mix between every race. And from the gossiping girls in the kitchen I overheard that Zaikai was a fair boss. All he asked was loyalty and in return he gave you a temporary residency in his mansion, seems fair to me.

My tour around the house led me to a comfortable entertainment room. Where I gratefully plopped down on one of the sofas and closed my eyes for a well needed nap. The silence lulled me softly, and eventually I escaped into the darkness.

----

A fluttered my eyes open when someone started to pick me up."Easy now little one it's just me," Zaikai's deep voice settled my frantic nerves.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked sleepily.

"I'm taking you to sleep with me, it will be easier on both of us."

I nodded my head and snuggled into his neck, keeping my eyes squeezed shut.

He cradled me close to his body as he took long steps up to his study. He sat down in his chair and placed me so I straddled him. Wrapping a fluffy blanket around my shoulders, Zaikai got back to work.

I was to awake to go to sleep now, so I just laid here and basked in his warmth. I wanted to have a reason to stay so close to him.

A couple hours passed, and we still sat in these positions. Every once in a while Zaikai would reach up and stroke the back of my neck. Every time he did that I had to fight back a moan.

I heard a swift knock on the door then somebody entering, "sir your 2:30 appointment has arrived."

"Send her up," Zaikai pressed me closer to his body.

I heard the clicking of heels as another person entered. She smelt like sex and that meant only one thing a sucumbus.

I turned my head and glanced at her. She was about 6'1 but the heels gave her an extra few inches. She had thick brown hair that hung to her stomach and her eyes were an intense stormy grey, she was beautiful.

Zaikai's commanding voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Darla what a pleasure to see you."

Her full lips curved up into a smile, "and to you as well Zaikai."

She took a seat in front of the desk as she observed me. "Who is this lovely creature you got here," she gave a dazzling smile towards me.

"This is Icarus my beloved," Zaikai's voice held so much pride.

"Oh so this is the young vampire I have heard so much about," her voice was gentle but held power. She looked me right in the eyes, "I am Darla Saint, it's wonderful to meet you."

I nodded my head, "likewise" I timidly said.

"Now" she said looking at Zaikai. "My servant has informed me that you would like to consider my proposal."

"Indeed" Zaikai answered, "I will give about 350 of my middle class vampires who have some untapped powers, and in return I want 300 of your demons."

"Mmmm" she tapped a manicured finger to her cheek. "How about 350 of your vampires and 50 of your werewolves?"

"What do you need the werewolves for?" Zaikai asked sounding annoyed.

"The local pack will only give me 50 and you have a lot."

"I understand you're fighting a civil war Darla but I need them for other proposes as well."

"I am willing to throw in 15 of my healers if that will make any deference."

A sinister smile formed on Zaikai's face,"you have yourself a deal."

Darla reached out and gave Zaikai a handshake, "thank you so much for your help, Charles will be pleased with the news." And with that Darla Saint left in a clattering of heels, what an odd name for a sucumbus.

Zaikai rubbed my back to get my attention. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No," I answered. "Zaikai can I ask you a question?"

"Of course" he answered looking down into my eyes.

"Do you need blood as a life source? I have never seen you drink besides our first encounter."

"Every vampire needs blood as a life source," he answered. "But now I can only drink from you and you're not ready yet."

Guilt flooded my system, "I'm ready" I said hastily.

"No, you're still too week."

"No," I defiantly said. "You will drink from me Zaikai." I pulled down the side of my shirt and offered him my throat.

"No Icarus." he tried to pull up my shirt, but stopped when I nicked my throat with my nail, dark blood bubbled out of the slice.

"Please drink," I pleaded, pressing closer to him.

With restraint I felt in his tense muscles. Zaikai started to lick the side of my white neck in long strokes.

He took a long sniff then deeply he bit into my throat.

I gasp escaped my lips when lust hit me hard. I started to gyrate on his lap to relieve some of the pressure in my pants. A strangled growl emerged from his throat as he thrusted his hips up into me

He pulled away just to hiss in my ear, "I'm going to fuck you now."