***Chapter nineteen***

Icarus POV

There were tons of people and I couldn't help but cling to Zaikai's strong prescience. He trapped my chin in his hand and made me look up at him when he noticed my nervousness.

"Don't worry you're perfect," he pecked my trembling lips.

I smiled softly up at him at his caring words.

He pulled me through the crowds of people that parted for him when he got close. He led me to a table that held a reservation sign and plopped me down in a chair. Then he took the one beside me and sat down as well.

He grasped my hand in his,"do you want anything to drink?"

I shook my head, my eyes straying up and looking at all the people. My eyes caught a beautiful brunette making her way towards us. Darla.

"There you guys are!" She said a little breathlessly. "You guys are hard people to find."

"We just got here," Zaikai said pulling me closer.

"Of course," she cocked her hip."Well everyone is waiting for you two, so hurry up and make your announcement." She took my arm and started dragging me to the center of the dance floor, Zaikai holding my other arm.

When she gave the final push, with me stumbling to the center. The room was dead silent, all eyes on us.

Zaikai rightened me up, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulled me close.

"Hello everyone," he said in a deep baritone voice.

"I would like to present my beloved Icarus Crane, Aegeus Harmoneys creation and my new beginning."

I giant roar of excitement from the crowd startled me, but that didn't stop Zaikai.

"I've only been with this young vampire a short time, and I tell you that short chapter was the best yet, I hope you all have a grand night and a wonderful future." He smiled down at me "now I would like to have a dance with my love." Clapping went around the room and music started to play.

"Zaikai," I hissed lowly. "I don't think I know how to dance."

He didn't seem fazed by this and smiled down at me."Don't worry,"

He guided my shaking hand to his shoulder and held my other hand in his. "Now just follow me." And I did

As he guided me around the dance floor. I forgot about everything and just focused on Zaikai.

I focused on his caring touch, those soft words and that beautiful smile. And I just knew I needed him again.

I knew Zaikai felt the need too when his eyes turned Hungry.

I moaned softy so only he could hear. and with no qualms what so ever he scooped me up in his arms and all but ran out of the room.

Without even waiting for the song to end. And pushing people out of his way.

-------------

Short.
But I'm excited to write book two and next chapter will have some steamy scenes.