Chapter Two-What's This?

Another small note: all titles mentioned are Ashur Gharavi's creations in real video form on YouTube and TikTok. Also this story just evolved accidentally. Whoops

***

Molly's eyes are closed. She's finally sleeping after a whole hour of stalling. I watch her for a bit just to make sure she isn't faking. I close the door, keeping quiet as I do so, and walk straight to my room. I pull out the box of "Home Videos" and look for the DVD player. I find it, plug it to my TV, and start watching all of them one by one.

"Talkative Teddy".

"Look Away Lilly"

"The Monster Home"

And then it just suddenly transforms into odd videos full of weird monsters.

"Beware the Mimic"

"Grow a Daisy with Me"

"Meet Mister Bubbles"

"The Balloon Man"

Soon, I'm at the bottom of the box. A notebook hidden among the few remaining DVDs. I open it, and the first page is full of information about the monsters in the DVDs I've watched.

The Balloon Man-
Blows balloons for his targets. Fills the balloons with rocks or flowers, requires a soul to float.
Missing: 25
Found: 0

I flip through page after page.

Mister Bubbles-
He likes to make children smile. He likes to make children scream.
Missing: 30
Found: 0

Daisy-
Don't keep the daisy in the dark. Never let it be alone.
Missing: 4
Found: 0

Profiles upon profiles of the victims, all belonging to one monster or another. The last two filled pages with these creatures really injects the horror though.

Argos-
Creature that resembles a curly-haired man with many eyes. I don't know his intentions, but he will kill to stay with his loved one. To add, a master of gardening the strange flowers that can only be imagined in our world
Missing: 4
Found: 0
Do not contact.

Mr. Plant-
A tall, mute humanoid plant who uses American Sign Language in order to communicate with Argos, provides evidence of life beyond our solar system, perhaps this universe. By far the most threatening creature I have encountered. None survives when they come across his psycho-path.
Missing: ???
Do not make contact with Mr. Plant. His intentions on Earth are unknown, but the only thing I know for sure is that he willingly kills his victims with no mercy. Please, if anyone at all is reading this, do not investigate like I have. You will be hunted. You will die. You will never be heard from again. Your body will not be found.

I'm frozen. This guy, he's gone. Did he die in this house? Am I going to die?

Is Molly going to die?

"A tall, mute humanoid plant..."

Did Molly talk to this monster? Was Argos with him? Are we their targets now? Are they in this house right now?

I look through my closet for something good enough to use in a fight-there's only a few pairs of running shoes and a pole vault. I try to look for something else-something like a bat or something that'd help me defend Molly. Nothing. I put on a mask, tiptoe out the bedroom, nothing but my fists as weapons, and head straight to the kitchen before I check Molly. A knife in my hand, both shaking like I do after almost getting caught on camera without one of my masks on. Still, I walk closer to her door and slowly turn the doorknob so I don't wake Molly up. I open the door and look inside.