Chapter Fourteen-Christmas Wrapping

"Hey, Alice, how did you sleep?"

I look at who's talking to me. Argos.

"Nope," I say.

"You wanna-"

"Nope."

He looks hurt by that, but, honestly, I don't care. I woke up at two in the morning, I'm gonna be pissed off.

Also, that dream was weird. I dunno why it was so strange-I've been getting a lot of those recently from what I remember-but I'll need to figure out what was going on with my-

"Alice, we're wrapping gifts if you want to join us," Argos says. He stops. "Are you okay?"

What should I tell him? Oh, sorry, Argos, I'm just freaked out by this weird dream where my arm got corrupted; you still think I'm sane, right?

"Sure," I reply. I glance at my right wrist where the pain was. Nothing seems wrong, but it still hurts. I might've just been lying on it for a couple hours and it hurt so much I had a nightmare about it.

"Make sure to write in the tag who it's for so we don't confuse any of the gifts."

I walk to the living room. We already put our gifts in boxes and left them hiding around the house. Mom and Dad are sleeping, and Molly is as well. But Molly already wrapped her gift before she went to bed, and we're all going to get our gifts at night in my room. Since we're going to be allowed to stay up tonight, Mom and Josh wouldn't be suspicious if Molly went in my room. As long as we aren't loud, we'll be fine.

"Since you're, well, human, you'll need to wrap yours up quickly so you can get back to sleep," Argos continues. "If you need help, Mr. Plant is the best at wrapping things. He'd be glad to help with any problem you have!"

I nod and, subconsciously, glance at Mr. Plant. He's sitting on one of the kitchen's wooden dining chairs with the present he got for his person all wrapped up in his hands. It'd actually be a really cool thing to take a photo of, if he'd allow me to.

Nope.

I find my present labelled "Argos" and wrap it up as fast as I can. I didn't need to talk to Mr. Plant, luckily,  so I just go back to bed and just lie there.

What the hell was I doing in there? Aren't I supposed to be safe from that feeling now?

My hand still hurts. It hasn't hurt like this since...

...since I thought about murdering Dad.

I lift up my hand and get a closer look at my wrist. On the back, it looks like something burned my wrist, leaving a slightly singed mark on it. A smiley face. Nothing wrong with it, it looks just like any other smiley face it could draw, but it has plenty of meaning to me. Looking even closer, I notice another face on its right. A sad one.

What the hell does that thing want me to do?

Dad was so different.

A flower.

I knew he was allergic.

But I didn't get rid of him.

Why?

Stop thinking. Just go to sleep.

I look around the room. It sounded like that thing, but it didn't do any of that weird talk. It knows me, but that thought doesn't.

"I can't," I say aloud.

It doesn't reply.

Why?

Come on. You've been sleeping for most of your life. It doesn't look that hard.

Argos?

No. I can actually tell when someone close to me would kill me if I were a step to the left.

"I wouldn't do that."

Okay, that's enough reality for today.

You'll sleep this time. Just don't touch my boyfriend, you little shi-

I close my eyes and think of nothing.

Hey-

I think of nothing.

I need to-

I think of nothing.

Let me tell yo-

I think of nothing.

*****

Word Count: 664

Alice is done with this shit.