Chapter Six-Lemon

This will contain lemon :) it was hard for me to put in the story after getting the idea so I hope it doesn't stick out too much.

*****

Molly is wearing one of her masks I made for her. It's a gray tabby. Of course, she has a name for it-Toby. She has a name for all of her masks, which she wants to me use when she wears one of them. So, she's Toby right now. I'm also wearing a mask, a flower one. It's my favorite one.

Mom and Josh are flying back, so they're going to be here in a few hours. I'm kind of happy though. Even though those two are the last people that I really want in this house, and I'd rather Mr. Plant to steal the oven instead of those two stepping through the front door. Okay, maybe not that exactly, but it's better than letting those monsters in. Anything is better than those two.

"Alice, are you okay? You've been staring at the floor for a long time," Mol-Toby says.

"I'm fine," I reply.

Yeah, those creatures are getting to me, but some of them shouldn't be real, right?

We'll be okay. We both know who to protect ourselves against.

Then is Molly afraid of me?

"Hey, Toby, you look a bit tired," I say. She's been waking up and acting like a zombie in the mornings. She refuses to eat breakfast. She crashes in the afternoons and always feels fine after. "You should probably go back to bed before Mom and Josh get here."

"Can I ask you something though?"

"Sure."

She's quiet for a minute. Maybe thinking about if she really wants to tell me.

"Nevermind. I'll go to bed. Goodnight!"

I watch her go straight to her room without another word. I want to go after her, but she probably just wants some time alone. Also, she is tired. She barely makes it through the day now. She really needs to sleep. And I shouldn't disturb her.

Four hours until they come home.

I don't really know what I should do. Make paper masks? Go for a walk? Go on the Internet?

Maybe I should make some cookies? Yeah. I'll make cookies. Then I'll eat them all. I'll feel better after that. I think. Cramming cookies down my throat while listening to "Let Me Down Slowly" and "Chop Chop Slide" on loop. But that's a bit much, no?

Okay, why am I thinking while staring at a camera. I guess I am a crazy bitch. It's not even on, for fuck's sake.

Three hours until they come home. 

I hear laughing from Molly's room. I tiptoe to her door, still hearing her and maybe someone else, and quietly open it. Two people are on the bed. Molly and someone I wish was only a fairytale.

Argos.

I close the door before they see me and I turn around back to the living room. I turn on some TV and try to ignore the laughing. Why does it scare me so much?

I wouldn't if that monster wasn't in my home. Talking to my little sister.

Two hours until they come home.

Noises from the kitchen makes me keep my eyes open. One of them is in the kitchen, I just know it. 

I get up and grab the scissors on the coffee table. I walk to the kitchen and see who's there.

A tall plant man. He's staring at the stove. It's on, and a pot is on one of its heating circle thingies. He seems impatient, as if he has never boiled anything before, or waited long for something to boil. It looks like something is in the pot, in the heating water.

I keep my grip on the scissors. It feels like I'm going to drop them if I don't. I get closer, seeing more details with each step. He looks exactly like he did in that notebook's profile of him, but seeing him in person doesn't just make a shiver go down my spine.

It makes my blood boil. 

Then again, I don't wanna die.

Suddenly, Mr. Plant turns to look at me. We stare at each other for a few minutes until the water begins to boil. He turns off the stove and fishes out what appears to be a lemon. He doesn't flinch. He just puts the boiled lemon in a bowl and creeps toward me. I back away to a wall. He just comes closer until he's right above me. He presents the boiled lemon bowl and shoves it into my hands. 

I see him moving his hands. Probably trying to use sign language. I stare at him, trying to understand even in the slightest what he's trying to tell me. He does give up, fidgeting with his hands before coming up with a solution. He grabs the lemon, peels the skin off, and tries to shove it into my mouth.

"Dude, chill," I say. He doesn't stop. He does manage to shove it into my mouth. It isn't really that sour. I can't talk, and the man just keeps signing. Is he ranting about the lemon? 

I knew a deaf kid at my old school. He used to teach a bunch of students ASL after hours, and the teachers allowed it. I only know that he wrote on the whiteboard really fast and the classroom was as quiet as it could be. Nobody under the kid's watch made any movements. At the end of the year, every student in that class could recite the entire alphabet in ASL and make simple conversations. All of them signed things quickly to each other, and the last thing I heard from them is that they're still friends with each other and the deaf kid.

Yeah, remember that small detail about those kids signing quickly? That is how fast this guy is talking.

Is he still talking about the lemon, though? Is he fitting in some jokes? Is this plant-ass Mr. Bitch about to kill me and he's warning me about it? That doesn't sound like it'd be his style. He's probably still talking about the lemon.

I swallow the chewed up lemon and raise my hands. "How did you get into my house?"

Mr. Plant doesn't answer. He just puts one shaky finger over my mouth for a minute and walks away right after. 

I decide to go to bed. My teeth unbrushed and a slightly sour taste on my tongue.

*****

did you like the lemon scene? it was kind of hard for me to write it :D

any suggestions for next time?