Chapter Eleven-Mr. Plant is an Absolute Unit

Mom and Josh are out shopping right now. It's the day right before Christmas, and Molly is kind of excited. Argos and Mr. Plant is with us right now. Mr. Plant has been standing in the middle of the living room while everyone else who's close to normal is sitting on the sofa. We're not discriminating, I swear, Mr. Plant just wants to stand, apparently.

He doesn't really sit down, at least when Molly and I are around. Then again, it could be that the sofa is full and there's not a lot of stuff to sit on in the house. It's just not that deep.

"An hour until Mom and Josh come back! What do we wanna do?" Molly asks. Argos and I begin to think.

Mr. Plant is just in a constant abyss of thought. He doesn't need to think. He just keeps his hands together and rubs them together when he feels... something?

Anxiety?

Fear?

No.

I then realize I should be thinking about what to do in the time we have.

"Is Void currency allowed?" Argos asks. His hands are in his pockets.

"Yeah," I reply. I then try to remember how much it's supposed to be in the US. "One is about... Fifty dollars? I don't remember, but it's a big number like that."

It's quite surprising that the more valued currency is used by people who rarely come to Earth. Well, people in the Void(s) have never worked on Earth either. A few humans have worked somewhere beyond our planet-which is pretty impressive-but some of the more entitled families there have disappeared a couple years ago. I figure now that was Mr. Plant's doing.

"What're we gonna do with that?" Molly asks.

"Well, we can all go buy something for each other since it's almost Christmas," Argos says. I notice him holding Mr. Plant's hand.

Oh, so they're gay.

Nice.

"How about we pull names from a hat? Whoever's name is on the paper you get is who you buy a present for," I suggest. Everyone agrees and we get some paper.

Mr. Plant rips the paper into four even pieces and gives us and himself one each. I write my first name-Alice, if any of you forgot-fold it up, and put it in a hat that looks like Argos's. Everyone else puts their paper in the hat. We each take turns pulling names out of the hat. We don't say who we got. Argos seems happy, though.

I pull out the last paper in the hat. Argos is in the neatly folded paper.

Well, I know what he likes, right?

"Molly's a bit too young to be walking around the mall by herself," I say.

"I can take her!" Argos replies. He realizes how loud that was. "I'm great with kids. You can walk around with Mr. Plant so we don't get lost alone."

I look up at Mr. Plant and he looks at me. He doesn't look aggravated. Then again, he always has that smile on his face.

This is a Friendship Lemon.

"I can drive us there and split up at the entrance. We can take the extra car," I say. We all walk out. I pull out my phone and text Mom that Molly and I are going out for Christmas shopping with a couple friends.

She doesn't reply instantly, but she still tells me "Ok. We'll be back in an hour. Be safe."

I get into the driver's seat, put my seatbelt on, and start the engine while everyone else is putting theirs on. Mr. Plant has a little bit of trouble, probably panicking a little too, so I help attach it for him. He's in the passenger seat next to me, so it isn't that hard. Molly had to help Argos too. I guess they've never been in a car before.

It was kind of terrifying the first time I remembered riding with Mom and Dad. It was dark.

And I was screaming.

I pull out of the driveway and drive down the street. I've attached my phone to the air conditioner, with Googly Maps telling me where to go. I've only drove down to the mall with Molly once. I don't remember all the rights and lefts to get there. I had to use Maps the first time as well.

Mr. Plant mostly looks at how I drive more than the road or the conversation Molly and Argos are having in the back. I'm not listening either. I need to pay attention to the road. 

Especially because there is someone behind me who's way up my ass. No, not sexy stuff, just he's right behind the car I'm driving right now. The hell did you think I was saying, you pervert? 

I park in the lot in front of the mall, and we get out of the car. Mr. Plant leads the way to the entrance, and we all enter at once.

"We can't let Molly wander around by herself," Argos says. "She can be with me."

"Then I'll stick with Mr. Plant," I reply.

*****

Word Count: 899

so am i also saying Ashur is an absolute unit or that I also want hug-shake Ashur when I'm talking about hug-shaking Argos? idk anymore, and, quite frankly, i don't think i want to. 

Fucking edit because Wattpad cut it off.