Chapter Twelve-Christmas Shopping

Argos waves at Mr. Plant and I as we split up. Molly is with Argos-hopefully she'll be back with me after this.

Mr. Plant stays close, fiddling with his hands again. I keep my head up high and let out a little smile under my mask. Thinking about it, remembering the mask, it does look a lot like Mr. Plant's face. My mask just has patterns for the petals and a way less sadistic smile. Hey, it's still terrifying, but it also looks more child friendly. 

All I had was Molly in mind. 

She really loved it. 

It was all worth the wait, when her smile made me so much happier. 

"What're you planning on getting?" I ask him. Mr. Plant looks at me and shrugs. Okay, still not up for conversation.

Mr. Plant and I walk into a flower store. The store is the only one with a skylight, plus there's a bunch of fake plants as well as real ones. I probably shouldn't get Argos a living plant right now. Maybe for Easter? The fake ones cost a little less than the real ones. Maybe he'd like some? Or is it too weird for him? He is a flower, so would it be dehumanizing (deplantinizing!!!) to him?

Nah. I'm getting something for Argos. I shouldn't think about Mr. Plant right now.

"Wanna go see what they have?" I ask. He looks over at me, smile still on his face. I still try to keep a smile, and I can feel my blood turn cold and my heart quicken.

I'm gonna die for this.

***

So...

I didn't die.

We went in the shop, and everything was pretty normal. I've been there plenty of times for the cashiers to not care when two people who have plant faces are checking out.

We did some browsing, and I found a nice-looking fake plant for Argos. Mr. Plant bought one of those rainbow fan-things that you have to blow air on for them to work.

We almost make it to the Entrance before Mr. Plant tugs my arm. I look back at him and he's pointing at the paint shop.

"You have an idea?" I ask. He nods.

Mr. Plant is practically dragging me to the store. It's obvious that he'd kill me in unarmed combat. The shop looks mostly empty besides a cheerful cashier in the center. She looks at us for a moment before going on her phone, and then switching to the computer next to her, all with a big smile still on her face.

The manplant doesn't bat an eye (probably because he doesn't have eyelids) and goes to read the sign.

Paint here and pay after your session or buy for home! Glow-in-the-dark 30% off!

He looks around the shop, glancing at shelves until he finds the glow-in-the-dark paint. He walks past the painting tables and right to the register. He buys the paint, puts it in the bag with the garden fan, and leaves the shop with me right behind him. The cashier waves bye at me.

I don't ask what he's going to do with the paint. It's actually pretty obvious. He just needs to hide it until we get home. Whoever's getting a present from him is going to have a nice surprise.

"Let's wait for those two to come back now. It's not going to take long if Molly's made up her mind already," I say. Mr. Plant, bag in hand, nods. "I can hold your bag if it's going to distract you."

He shakes his head no, just as Molly and Argos are in view.

I stay quiet. Argos has a bag on his head and two in each hand.

"All right. Everyone got something? Great, let's go," I say. We walk out of the mall and hunt for the car.

We get straight to the car, and Molly, Argos, and Mr. Plant go in the car while I put the gifts in the trunk. I get a glimpse of some shiny wrapping paper, and I close the trunk door. I get in the driver's seat and turn on the engine.

*****

Word Count: 723

Finished it just now (11:16)

Bruh this keeps unpublishing is this happening to everyone or is it just on my device