Chapter 8.

Snoring filters through Steve's ears early the next morning and when his eyes open, he feels an immense soreness spread through the entirety of his lower half. He winces a bit and closes his eyes tight in a mock way of trying to make the pain ease away.

He realizes that his limbs are tangled in between Eddie's who is still fast asleep, snoring steadily under his head making it rumble every so often and memories flash through his mind of the night prior, making a smile grow on his face despite the pain and soreness that had developed because of what they'd done.

A feeling of joy washes over Steve as his mind revisits every small detail that took place last night, leaving him to happily think about their first time together while he snuggles his head closer into Eddie's chest.

Somehow his movement stirs the man under him and he shakes awake with a start.

"Good morning." Eddie greets in a deeper voice than normal and it makes Steve's heart melt even more in that moment. He loved Eddie's morning voice because it was several octaves lower than normal, and despite their night it hardens his already rock hard dick even more, that's firmly pressed against Eddie's thigh as Steve was sandwiched to his side, cuddling against him. Eddie places a gentle kiss on the top of Steve's head and leans his head back down onto the pillow, moving his arms from around Steve to put his hands under his head to hold it up so he could look at him.

Steve removes his head from Eddies chest and gives him a displeased look.

"What?" Eddie asks him nonchalantly, not knowing what he'd done to deserve the look Steve was giving him right now.

"Arms." Steve says with a pouty lip and he reaches for Eddie's arms to bring them back around him and Eddie lets out a deep laugh as he lets Steve remove his hands from under his head and wraps them back around him.

"Jesus sweetheart, didn't know I wasn't allowed to not touch you this morning." Eddie let's on through his laughter at Steve's behavior. Steve gives him a dirty look and Eddie raises his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay sorry" Eddie says still laughing and Steve cuddles his way back into Eddie's side. "Better?" Eddie asks as he wraps his arms back around Steve and he lets out a sound of approval and Eddie laughs once more. "You're ridiculous this morning." Eddie points out and Steve tuts before removing his head from Eddie's chest and looking deep into his eyes.

"I'm sore and the only thing I want right now is to sit here and cuddle, and doing that makes it hard when you won't wrap your arms around me." Steve says pointedly, as if stating the most obvious thing in the world and Eddie raises his eyebrow in surprise at his lovers outburst.

"If your sore babe, let me take care of you." Eddie says and the instincts in his brain to relieve his lovers pain flicks on in seconds, getting ready to remove his hands from around Steve again who quickly places his hand on Eddie's to stop him from going anywhere.

"No. It's not that bad and i'm comfortable." Steve insists and Eddie relaxes back into the mattress. It was Steve's call on what they did because it was his body and he didn't want to do anything unless asked.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
After they spend several more hours cuddling and talking about random topics, Eddie convinced Steve to take some Tylenol for the pain and let him run him a warm bath. Despite his protests to be babied, he allowed it because he could see the small flickers of worry flashing in Eddie's eyes every so often and he knew Eddie felt bad for being the reason he was in pain, so he let him do it.

Robin had called asking for Steve and demanded they spend some time together and after added reassurance from Eddie that he could find something to do while Steve hung out with Robin, he agreed happily.