Chapter 9.

*trigger warning! Fighting, strong language*

More days passed and things between Steve and Eddie couldn't have been better.

They'd been spending every waking moment together and it made Steve's heart beyond happy that he was able to have Eddie with him.

They'd decided to go to Steve's house so he could grab a fresh rotation of clothes so he wasn't wearing the same clothes over and over again and when Steve pulled into the driveway, with Eddie riding passenger, Steve's entire demeanor dropped and so did he heart.

Parked perfectly in the driveway was his fathers car and his throat instantly closed in on itself and restricted his airway, drying his mouth entirely and everything in him went straight into panic mode.

"Babe?" Eddie asks extremely alarmed as he watches Steve's face pale to a concerning shade of white and sees his panicked like state he's in as his eyes stay dead locked on the car in the driveway. His eyes follow his line of sight to the car and he furs his brows in confusion, unsure who's vehicle it was or why it was making Steve panic "Who's car is that Steve?" Eddie asks the man beside him and it's like Steve's brain wasn't working as he relives every horrid memory he'd had whenever his father was around and his hands grip the wheel so hard his knuckles turn the same color white as his face. "Steve, fuck!" Eddie panics making a quick move to get Steve's attention to him, by grabbing his face in his ring covered hands and making him look at him.

His stare is far away and Eddie knows for a fact that Steve's mentally checked out, in the same trance like state he was in the first night he met Wayne, knowing he was in a place that his brain unwillingly took him too when he was thrown into flashbacks or his brain worked against him, his thoughts too far past anything he could control, sending him into this exact state, blank staring and damn near unresponsive while his brain works on auto pilot, torturing him with whatever it was that went through his head when he got like this.

Eddie does all he can think of to help, and smashes his lips to Steve's, hoping it was enough to ground him and bring him back to him. As Eddie holds his lips to Steve's he slowly feels him respond, first by kissing him back and then, by grabbing his hands that are still gently holding his face and then he's pulling away for air.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes and Eddie shakes his head, refusing the apology in an instant.

"Don't ever apologize to me for something you can't control. Look I don't know who's car that is, but I need to know now so I can protect you." Eddie states and Steve swallows harshly, trying to mentally prepare himself for the answer he didn't want to give but knew he needed to tell Eddie.

"My dad." Is all he goes to say at first but then his panic takes over and he starts to ramble. "I-i, i don't know why he's here or how long he's been here but this isn't going to be good for anyone. I know my dad, he's a fucking asshole and if he sees us together, he's going to tear me a new one and I don't want him to hurt you." Steve says as he looks deep into Eddie's eyes, tears brimming his eyes as he worries about this interaction.

"Hey, hey. He's not going to touch either of us." Eddie reassures him and he swallows hard, not sure if he's able to believe those words. "The quicker we get this done, the quicker we can go back to mine and do whatever we want." Eddie says calmly, trying to keep Steve in a level head space. Even in Eddie's mind, he knew this interaction with his lovers father wasn't going to be pleasant and he wasn't too sure himself if he wanted to even do this, but they had too.

"We can't touch at all, as far as he's concerned we're only friends." Steve says and the look that washes over Eddie's face breaks Steve's heart into pieces but despite the look on his face, Eddie nods his head in understanding. "Eddie i'm sorry, but the quicker we can get out of here, the easier it'll be to forget." Steve tells him and again, Eddie nods, trying to compose his feelings about what Steve had just said.