Empty House Part 2

Few days later.

i was in the living room and i then see Ellie come to the house with a dead Rabbit. she she gets closer to the house i open the door to see her seating down her gun. i look at her as she walked closer to he holding the end of the rope with the dead rabbit.

Y/N: hey you, where you been hiding ? 

I give her a smirk as we both give each other a hug.

Ellie: Hunting. Took a little longer than i thought.

Ellie looks at the window as sees movement.

Ellie: who's here?

Y/N: umm well...he's old 

Ellie walks in and seems Tommy holding JJ while JJ is trying to brag a hold of Tommy's hair and face

Tommy: ow, ow!...that's quite a grip you got there.

Ellie: hey Tommy

Tommy: there you are!

his tone was happy. i then see he wants to get up. so i quickly walk over and take JJ.

Y/n: here let me take the little bag of bones 

i take him and as Tommy is tries to get up i try to help him. he was shot in his left leg and he can't bend it most of the time so its hard for him to move around.

Y/n: here le-

Tommy: oh i got it. i got it.

i back up and watch as they walk to each other say hello and hug each other since its been awhile since we all have seen each other. once they let each other go i stand next to Ellie while bouncing JJ to keep him happy.

Tommy: he's getting heavy

Y/n: he's just big bone 

i smirked as i tried to joke to lighten up the mood.

Ellie: town's good? Maria good? 

Tommy: She's fine. we um... taking some time apart

Y/n: sorry to hear

Tommy: Nah. We talked about it a lot and uh, it's what we both want

as he speaks he weakly walks to the dinner table chair and sat down with his leg seeming to hurt. he cleared his throat wanting to say something but is trying to think of a better way of saying it.

Tommy: Okay...come sit. i have something to show you. 

Ellie goes to sit down next to Tommy as i stand back and watch as i quietly speak to JJ and i bounce him keeping him happy.

Tommy: so I've been putting out feelers for months now. and this new gut hear my story

Tommy pulls out a map of what seemed to have red dots of locations of what ever he is looking for.

Tommy: he told me about a woman that he traded with while he was moving through California. describes her built like an ox, traveling with a kid with scars across his face. he said they were living along this coast in a beached sailboat. 

he then points at the location. i watched Ellie...my Wife...my anger was just enough to want to kill one of my best friends. but i kept cool. but Ellie's breathing changed...what should i do.

Tommy: that's gotta be her...

i watch as Ellie was breathing faster now. i had to step in.

Y/n: well too bad were done with that 

JJ started to cry as my voice had risen i started to bounce JJ more trying to calm him down. i look at Ellie as i hear her words.

Ellie: I'm Sorry