Empty house part 3

it was hard to move at times...things felt longer and harder. i had a hard time doing every day things but i did not let that stop me. i an laying in bed holding JJ on top of my chest as we lie down together. i look at the ceiling just letting my thoughts run, some good, most bad. i soon got up and get dressed in my normal clothes i would were but i put on a thin jacket for the cooled air for today and the walk i plan on doing.

i take JJ down stairs and help feed him and help get him dressed for the walk. i back my backpack full of food and baby food, water, my gun and knife, and some other things i may need in case anything goes bad.

Y/n: so its 7:21 am...so if we go now we should make it to Jackson at 12pm so i guess we should make hast no? little guy? 

JJ: hehe

Y/n: oh ya I'm funny now? uh is that the case ? 

i smile at JJ as i pick him up and put him in the baby holder we made and head for the door and put my backpack on. i open and leave then close the door for what i feel is like the last time. i lock the door and hold onto the key and stand there and think...but then JJ interrupts my dark thoughts that keep following me.

Y/n:?? what so funny little man? uh you got something you want to say to me? hehe

JJ: ? hehehe

Y/n: good baby 

there was two chairs on the porch and the closest one i took the arm of it and slid it off and put the key in a little pouch i had put there and slid the arm of the chair back on.

Y/n: and mommy said it was stupid hehe 

i stand there and take one deep breath and took off. i took my first step away from my home, i took my first look at the fields of wheat for the last time, i took my first step away from what i knew was my heart. i made it to the gate and opened it and locked it as i then turned around to the forest and started to walk to Jackson. 

Time Skip 

it was now 12:43 as i am not entering the gates of Jackson. the guards seemed surprised to see my face and not Ellies. or maybe that's just me and I'm still over thinking. i walk in and see people taking care of the horses and kids running around having fun doing what ever kids can. i walk down the road as i walk past them, seeing what they are up to. i then look around to see some of the people doing work on some of the buildings. that or working on lights and putting sighs up and people buying things...like all this hell never really happened. 

i walk more to the home areas. but it was going to happen sooner or later. i saw it...my nightmare...my true lost part of my self...of the both of us. i saw the grave yard. i walked in and as the deeper i walked the deeper dread and pain followed, felt like chains and spikes locking and impaling me, trying to keep me back and away. but i needed to keep moving. but then it hit.

 but then it hit

(Joel's grave)

I take a seat in front of the Grave now holding JJ.

Y/n: hey dad how are you doing hehe... i hope its going good or at least ok? you missed a bunch, your brother, Tommy, yay he's not doing to well. but i mean he came over to the Farm house and said hello and you maybe wondering "what's with the child" well me and Ellie got mired and have been talking care of Dina's and Jesse after Dina and Jesse had died of course...ya maybe its best if you keep resting...but the only thing i really wanted to say was...Ellie left to go kill Abby...and now I'm all alone and scared no sorry I'm tariffed...i don't know if im good enough for this child...I'm i good enough to be a good dad i mean I'm trembling here and there for Ellie i don't know if she's coming back i mean is she dead, i-i-is she being hurt i mean i d-