Chapter 7: The Skull Fairy

"Whoa, wait, what?!" Weisz looked over his shoulder at them.

"Where have you been, Professor? I've been trying to reach you forever. What's up with that?"

"You gotta learn to watch the news, kid. Weren't you just in Norma?"

"Yeah, that's right. We were there to see you."

"Then you should know that all entry has just been banned on that planet." He told her. (Y/N) and Shiki stood at her side watching their conversation unfold. "Well, in any case, I'm glad to see you're safe and sound."

Rebecca paused, not understanding what's happening. "Hold on. This isn't making sense to me. How am I able to talk to you when you're over in the future right now?"

"It's not the future. You've returned to your original timeline, so I'm in the present, just like you."

"What? When did that happen?"

"You were only ever in the past when you were back on planet Norma."

"So we didn't time travel?" (Y/N) asked him.

"No, in actuality, you never left the present at all." He raised a hand in explaining and (Y/N) noted his right arm was metal.

"The heck?! How does that even make a little sense?!" Happy screamed as sweat ran down his body.

"You never traveled through time. What happened was, you went to a planet whose time was stolen. You see, a monster has eaten Norma's time. Fifty years worth, to be exact. They're called Chronophages."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at the name. Shiki noticed, "have you heard of them, (Y/N)?"

"Only a little. My mother told me–I mean, wrote about them. They're monsters that exist in space that are capable of feeding on a planet's time. Planets consumed by Chronophages have their time rewound. After that, it's done, no way to reverse it."

"Precisely! And I see you've made some human friends Rebecca, finally!" Older Weisz laughed and Rebecca growled at him. "But anyway, Norma 50 years in the past has become its new present.

"In other words, if we ever go back to Norma, it'll all be stuck in the past?"

"That's right, but entry is now barred."

"So the modern Norma just doesn't exist anymore?"

"Yup."

"If that's the case, then where are you right now?" Older Weisz laughed and then the screen enhanced a little more. Taking in the larger screen, you could see he was seen sitting on a red couch, arm slung over the same bunny waitress they met before. "A lot of Normans, including myself, left. So, I figured now is the best time to go on that adventure I dreamed of as a kid."

Present Weisz turned around fully to see him.

"Master?" Pino walked up to the screen, calling out to the man. "Hey, you're that broken down android from years back." He said, recognizing the tiny bot.

"I've recognized your facial structure. You are my master."

"Oh, your memory must be damaged. All I did was fix you up a little bit." "Huh?" Pino didn't understand him. "You referred to him as Master Demon King or something like that." "The Demon King?"

Shiki picked up on the familiar title. "My Grandpa?"

"By the way, something's been bugging me since I called you. That stud over there is me, isn't it?"

"Uh..." Weisz froze, not knowing how to address himself.

"So there are two Professor Weiszes!" Happy glitched pointing back and forth between them. Shiki shook his head anxiously, "Which one is the real one then?!"