Chapter 19: The G.I.A

(Y/N)'s POV

Am I seeing double? Homura just saved us but didn't Homura also threaten us? I don't know what's going on but I'm claiming the good Homura.

I hear Shiki behind me, "wait, there are two Homura's? But, this one looks like the real one."

"When I arrived on this planet, I spawned inside a prison, for some reason. It took me an entire day to escape, and another day to gather enough information before getting here." She pointed her sword at the faux-Homura, Faumura. "And what do I find waiting for me? Some scoundrel posing as me, deceiving my friends! Oh, by the way, I would rather swallow glass than take on a man's form. Actually," she blushed, accidentally voicing her thoughts, "it may be nice having a flat chest. With muscles, right? Dang it! I said it out loud again, didn't I?"

'Yep. Definitely the real Homura.'

"But still, the fake one knew too much about us. Could it be that we have all met before in the real world?" Pino questioned.

"Hey, copycat! Who are you!" Shiki yelled.

Faumura fumed at her plans being ruined, "and to think I was so close,"  she said, confirming our suspicions.

"Ha! So you aren't Homura. I knew it!" I'm counting this small victory.

Jamilov held his hip, "if I hear one more word, I'll puke! That's enough waiting around! I want blood!" He summoned Maria and she ate one of the little monsters on his team. Then, he swiped his arm, allowing her to devour more. He's murdering his allies.

With his back facing us he spoke, "I despise dealing with tedious things like this." The mohawked creep slowly turned back around, sporting that same grin of his. "Well, that's it now. I'm bored. Time to die, insects."

His Maria opened her mouth and fired a huge blast straight at us. Homura and I moved out of the way in time and it hit one of the buildings. It caved in on itself and Jamilov didn't waste a second firing more beams of that lethal power.

Explosions went off like dominoes at the collision. Smoke clouded the area but Homura was close so I was able to see her.

Faumura took this opportunity to escape.

"I'll pursue the copycat! I want to know who they really are." My blue haired friend yelled. "Wait! I'm coming too!" I also want to see who's behind this.

👾

Homura and I were behind Faumura after following her into the forest area. "Just give up! We're not gonna stop," I yell.

A Turn-to-Timonium was suddenly summoned. She stood on it just as she did before.

"A creature spawned from thin air?"

"It's in your inventory." I informed her, following the impersonators actions, I was able to summon one as well. Then, Homura did the same, but she rode her leporine like a normal person. "Funny. I pictured you riding your horse like hers. It totally seems like something you'd do." I smiled.

"I would not!" She looked at me offended.

"I guess there is no need to continue pretending to be you any longer." Faumura said and I stifled my laugh. Homura still looked appalled, "are you kidding me?! You seriously think I ride like that?! Reveal yourself at once!" She demanded.

"I can copy a person's appearance, personality, and memories. You were nothing but a means to an end for me to get closer to Jamilov." Her body glitched out as she morphed into her true identity and her voice distorted, turning feminine the more she spoke. "However, it's obvious I've failed my mission. I suppose I'll be making my exit now."