II

Gildarts POV

I just had sex with my doctor. And it was the best sex I ever had. I should stop hooking up with random women, but this one feels different. I should thank Laxus for my new ability. Maybe I should take a break from taking jobs and spend more time with the guild members.

The next morning...

As soon as I wake up, I see my daughter, Cana, at my bedside. Why is she here? I thought to myself.

"Oh my Mavis, Dad. You're awake!" She sounded relieved.

"I was only sleeping, Connie."

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that!"

"Sorry, can't help it. I always told your mother that if we named our child Cana, I'd call you Connie."

"You might as well have my name as Connie."

"Then there's no fun in that! Now, can I please get out of here? I need to breathe some fresh air. Be out in the sun. Get some vitamin D."

"And this is why you're still single."

"Oh, come on, Connie."

"No, papà. Fermare. Me ne sto andando adesso."

"Bene, ti amo."

"Anch'io ti amo."

After Cana left, Cassandra walked in to check on me.

"Is that your daughter?" She asked while scanning for anything odd about me.

"Yes, she is."

"She's beautiful."

"Indeed, she is."

"You didn't tell me you're Italian."

"Well, you didn't ask. And I'm not Italian. My family is from Britain."

"How are you fluent in the language then?"

"Funny story. When I met Cana's mom, she was only into men who were fluent in Italian. So, for the summer going into my junior year of high school, I flew to Italy to learn Italian."

"You kidding."

"I'm all serious. I lived the lifestyle of an Italian and took classes in the language. Fluent by the time junior year started. I went up to her and said: Ciao Bellissima. Puoi dire che sono italiano adesso. Cosa c'è di meglio di un uomo italiano e inglese? Hello, gorgeous. You can say I'm Italian now. What's better than an Italian and British man?"

"That is some serious dedication. You said that to her?"

"Indeed I did. I don't regret it one bit. I would do it all again, just for her. She was the only woman I have ever loved. If I didn't do that, I wouldn't have been blessed with Cana."

"You're a hopeless romantic."

"I'll do it for you. What can you speak?"

"No. Please, don't."

"I was just kidding. Where are you from?"

"My dad's family is from Russia. My mom is probably from Japan. I don't know their story. I guess I'm like Cana."

"You were kept a secret, and your mom died when you were young?"

"No! I only know it was some silly hook-up when I was conceived. My dad had a hard job, so my mom departed and had me."

"Ahem, am I interrupting something?" Porlyusica interrupts.

"Not at all," Cassandra gets up from her seat.

"A word, Dr. Cassandra?"

"Of course."

Cass and Porlyusica left the infirmary to talk. The guild's walls are pretty thin...I heard everything they said.

"What were you telling the man." Porlyusica confronted Cassandra.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't mention any names, of course."

"Let me ask you again. What were you telling the man."

"Nothing much, just how Makarov doesn't know me."

"No one must not know about your family. Got it?"

"I only came here because of Makarov, Mom."

"I know, and you're here to help Mirajane. That's why I asked you to come."

"And I came because of Makarov. If you expect me to stay, then let Oliver come."

"You're still friends with that trauma surgeon?"

"Yes, I am. Either he comes, or I leave. Fairy Tail needs another surgeon on board. Do you see how many fights happen here? What if there's a battle? It'd be out of my specialty. Oliver is the best trauma surgeon at my hospital. He can take care of Fairy Tail."

"I got my potions, and Wendy can use her magic to heal."

"They might not be enough. And Wendy could run out of magical energy before completely healing them. She has much more to learn if she has to heal a whole guild. Please, Mom. I need him in these situations. I'm all alone. I have no friends here except my patients."

"God, I hate humans. Fine, he can come. I still don't like him."

"Thank you so much."

Cassandra is Master Makarov and Porlyusica's daughter?! Is Mirajane pregnant?! Who is this Oliver guy? And why do I feel jealous...