VI

Kagura POV

"It seems Rogue has suffered a balanced curse," Porlyusica spoke.

"What do you mean?"

"Someone cursed him to where if he forgets something bad, he forgets something good. Meaning he had to forget the thing he loves the most."

"So, me?" I questioned.

"It seems so. You could feel honored, but I could be wrong."

"Will he remember me?"

"It's unknown. It's like a living coma. He could regain memory in days or up to years."

"Is there a way to make him remember me sooner?"

"I'm afraid not. I would say, try to make him remember why he loved you in the first place."

"Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome, child."

"Oh, Porlyusica?"

"What is it now?"

"Do you know what a mate is?"

"Pfft, yeah. I've been wondering when you were going to ask me that."

"Why?"

"Your mark on your neck."

"Oh, right. Could you tell me everything you know about it?"

"Sure. We should sit down for this."

She took me into an office room.

"Is this necessary?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"A mate is the dragon's version of a soulmate. It's rare, but it can happen. It only happens for dragons and dragon slayers. They mark their mate, and if they have sex, the mate will most likely get pregnant."

"Say what now?"

"The mark means mating season. If you have it and have sex with them, then you will most likely get pregnant. It will go away until the deed has been done."

"What in the,"

"In your case, Rogue has seemed to forget about you. You have to try to do many things to make him recognize you."

"Does any of our feelings change towards each other?"

"No, you guys are still the same. It's when you have sex you will probably get pregnant."

"What if I don't want that yet?"

"Then you don't have sex."

"Are you saying I have to get close to Rogue so he can remember me, but not too close so I don't get pregnant?"

"Yes."

"This is absurd."

"I know, but you're pretty lucky. It's the literal universe telling you he's your soulmate."

"I guess, but he might not remember me."

"You never know. The most effective way is to make him recall why he loved you in the first place."

"Okay, thank you so much."

"You're welcome, child. Now I need to see my child to report on your lover."

"He's not my-"

"But he is." She exited the room.

What did I get myself into?

I returned to Rogue's room. I guess I have to try to make him remember me.

"Hi," I spoke.

"Hello."