The Diner

Gwen POV:

I'm so nervous. What if Courtney finds out about Duncan and I? I don't want to lose my friendship with Courtney, but I can't hide my feelings for Duncan. I just hope they don't show up at the diner.

Back in 8th grade and all through freshman year Courtney and Duncan were dating. I didn't have any feelings towards him, but once he started hanging around us more I couldn't help, but take note over how incredible he was. We have so much in common way more than him and Courtney do. Then, the summer before 10th grade Courtney's parents had a job offer and left. Me and Duncan started talking more and then we started dating. I'm not proud of it, but I just couldn't help how much I liked him.

When we arrived at the diner I could see Courtney's eyes light up. The guilt hit me in the stomach.

"Hey you okay?" Bridgette asked with a concerned look.

"I'm fine" Bridgette looked as if she was going to question me, but was interrupted by Courtney dragging us over to Zoey.

"Oh my gosh! Courtney it feels like it's been forever!" Zoey had the biggest smile you'd ever see.

"Oh it's only been a year! I've missed you so much!" Courtney and zoey sat next to each other in the booth. As soon as we sat down, we started filling in Courtney about everyone.

"You're dating Mike, Bridgette's with Geoff, and Alejandro has a thing for Heather?" Courtney had a look that's a mix between confusion and shock.

"Yeah it happened a couple months ago." Zoey blushed.

"Well you guys are totally cute together! Alejandro and Heather actually makes sense. They are both horrible people.

"True" said Gwen.

"Definitely" Bridgette replied with a smirk.

"Agreed" Zoey said after taking a sip from her chocolate shake.

Just when everything was going smooth the bell at the door rings. In comes a bunch of rowdy boys. My heart begins to pound when I realize whose group it is.

"You okay Gwen? You look like you've seen a ghost." Courtney oh Courtney you have no idea what I've done. I try to keep my reply as even as possible.

"Yep!" I failed terribly. My voice cracked and I could feel my face get warm.

"Oh it's the boys. Should we invite them over?" Bridgette why would you say that! Ugh this is gonna be a lot harder than I thought.

"Oh we probably shouldn't bother them." I quickly responded. "We're here to spend time with Courtney. I don't think she wants to see Duncan. Right Courtney?" I prayed that Courtney would agree with me.

"Actually I don't mind. Duncan and I ended on a good note, so it won't be a problem. I also want to see if Geoff really has changed." Courtney smiled her sweet genuine smile. And with that I realized...I can't get out of this unscathed.

"Hey over here!" Bridgette yelled and waved them over.

"Well hello there." Geoff greeted Bridgette with a smirk that made me, Zoey, and Courtney grimace.

"You guys remember Courtney right?" Bridgette was smiling more than usual.

"Hello! Long time no see." Courtney has a polite smile on.

"Lovely to see you again." Alejandro says while reaching to kiss her hand, but Courtney smoothly pulls her hand away.

"The girls missed you. They won't even come in here without you." Geoff wraps her in his bear hug.

"Hey." Scott looks at her with a small smirk and a wink.

I could see a smile begin to form on her face, but before it could fully form Duncan swooped in and gave her a hug. I felt jealous, but I had to keep my emotions to myself. After all, I'm the one whose dating Duncan, not Courtney.

"Hey Court." Duncan had a huge smile on his face like a kid in a candy store.

"Here sit down" Zoey moved so there would be more room.

Courtney sat next to zoey. Scott and Alejandro sat next to them. Duncan, Bridgette, and Geoff sat next to me.

The whole time Duncan was paying attention to Courtney. Everytime I would try to hold his hand under the table he would pull it away.

Scott and Alejandro went back and forth causing everyone to laugh...Except for Duncan. He was glaring at Scott as he put his arm around Courtney.

Courtney look like she was having the time of her life. Laughing and smiling. I felt angry and jealous. I know I shouldn't considering I'm secretly dating her ex boyfriend.

After a while the boys went their own way and the girls went to Bridgette's.

Bridgette's room was very bright and open. She has a lot of sea animal plushes and pillows. If her personality was a room it would be this one.

"So Courtney what did you think?" Bridgette looked a little scared of what she might say.

"I guess they weren't so bad." Courtney admitted.

"Yeah...Especially Scott." I elbowed Courtney.

Courtney was blushing and trying to hide her smile. It made me feel better about her and Duncan.

"Aww does someone have a little crush!" I teased.

"No!" Courtney began to blush harder.

"Let's be honest. Scott isn't the little farm boy you once knew him as. You know it, I know it, they know it. Just admit it Courtney." Bridgette giggled.

"Yeah didn't you have a crush on him?" Zoey raised an eyebrow.

"In the 7th grade, but then I fell for Duncan." She said his name like it was a swear.

" I remember that! Oh you use to blush all the time!" I said trying to change the subject away from Duncan.

"And he gave you that shoelace ring at camp!" Zoey chimed in.

We all slept over at Bridge's. After moving on to Zoey and Mike's relationship I recieved a text from Duncan.

hey sorry about today. i was trying not to be suspicious. see you tomorrow?

I felt better after getting the text, but I still can't get over the way he looked at Courtney and Scott. I guess this is a problem for tomorrow.

see you then