Chapter One

"Pearl get up, your rides here and I'm not driving your ass to school again." Pearl's older brother, Jacob Black, pulled the warm covers from her unmoving body.

"Hey!" She whined trying to reach for the blanket but failing.

"And maybe put some pants on." He suggested before leaving their shared bedroom.

Pearl was contemplating skipping school for the day and going back to sleep, but changed her mind when she heard his voice coming from the kitchen.

She quickly put some jeans on and switched her brothers shirt for a tight fitted long sleeve before headed out to the kitchen.

"There you are sleepy head, my sister is waiting in the car." Pearl's best friend, Seth Clearwater, greeted as she put her run down sneakers on.

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night because some elephant decided to snore the whole house down." She glared at Jake as he smugly watched her fumble around with her school bag.

"Remind me why you're not going to school again?" Pearl rolled her eyes at him.

"Because your brother is helping me fix up the truck for Charlie's girl." Their father, Billy, rolled into the Kitchen in his wheelchair.

"Alright fine, bye dad." She waved goodbye to her father and only glared at her brother before taking Seth's hand and dragging him out of the Black House.

"You didn't even eat anything, Pearl." Seth said as the two teenagers hopped in the car.

"I think I'll live Sethy." Pearl patted his shoulder as he cringed at the nick-name.

"I told you to stop calling me that." Seth crossed his arms over his chest and pouted like a child.

"Oh, don't cry Sethy." Seth's older sister, Leah, mocked from the drivers seat as she drove off towards their school.

"So, what're you doing after school?" Seth asked as they sat together in the library.

"Not sure, most likely find some way to annoy my brother." Pearl shrugged, flipping the pages of her book without reading it.

"Well uh, a couple of my mates and I were going down to the beach at La Push later. Wanna come?" He nervously asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's far too cold for me to swim." She lightly laughed but stopped when she saw the disappointed look on her friends face.

"Which makes it perfect weather for a bon fire." She finished and felt better when Seth's face lit up with the smile Pearl grew to love seeing.

"Awesome, I'll let the others know your coming." He nodded shyly to himself trying to bit back his obvious excitement. "Do you need another ride?" He asked.

"Nah, if I'm going to La Push my brother will want to follow me there like he does everywhere else." She rolled her eyes thinking about him.

"Don't be so hard on him, he only cares about you. Besides, someone has to save you from drowning in the rock pools." He teased, trying to hide his cheesiness.

"Ha ha. Better watch your back Clearwater or you might find yourself headfirst in those rock pools tonight." Pearl winked as she started packing up her stuff, ready for next period.

"Ill see you at six then." He asked handing her the rest of her books in a neat pile.

"Sure. Bye Sethy." She giggled as she made her way out of the library.

-

"I'm gonna miss that truck." Pearl looked around the empty shed that her brother was sweeping out.

"Yeah but now we can get a new one. One that doesn't break down every mile." Jake said as he purposely swept the dirt over her boots.

"Jacob." She groaned and stood on his feet in return.

"Hey, do you not want to go on your little beach date tonight?" He threatened as he laughed, pushing her back with the broom.

"For the last time, its not a date. His friends are supposed to be their as well, not just us two." Pearl grabbed the broom and returned the favor of hitting him.

"I bet you wish it was a date." He mocked making kissing noises at her.

"That's it." Pearl decided it was time to end the fight so, naturally, she jumped on his shoulders and started wrestling him.

"You're on." Jake grabbed her hands and pulled her over his shoulder so she was hanging on by her legs. Just as she started pounding her fists into his stomach, their dad interrupted them.

"Why do you always insist on playing like puppies." Billy shook his head at his two kids.

"Pearl's the savage one, I'm on the defense." Jake defended as he purposely dropped her harshly onto the ground.

"Jacob, pick your sister up. And you two better get going, its almost six." He let the teenagers know.

"How'd you know we were going?" Pearl asked as she brushed the dust from her clothes.

"A friend of mine, Sam Uley, told me. He's gonna be there too." Billy said before wheeling his way out of the shed.

"Oh great, Sam and his little tribe is gonna be there." Pearl groaned.

Ever since she heard about what Sam did to Leah, she didn't even have to talk to the arrogant man to know he was a prick.

To make things worse, Sam had slowly been brainwashing all of Jacob's friends to get tattoos and cut their hair to go play in the woods, and she was scared to loose her brother to him as well.

Although Jake promised to never cut his lushes locks.

AN:

Soooooo

Not what you were expecting?

Me too tbh

But I have suddenly entered my Twilight faze and its not going away anytime soon, so I have to do something to cure it ;)