Chapter Twenty Six

Pearl stood in beautiful white gown, one that had been passed down for many generations. She looked to her left and saw her father wearing a suit, his arm linked around he elbow, except something was different about him. He was standing on two feet.

Pearl looked forward and she was standing in an aisle between rows off seats that were filled with familiar faces. As if she were floating, Pearl moved down the white carpeted strip to where a man stood in a suit at the end, his back turned to the crowd.

As Pearl got closer, the man turned around and she realised, though his strong build, he was still a boy. He had the deepest chocolate eyes, dark short hair that curled in front of his forehead, and the sweetest smile Pearl had ever seen.

It was Seth Clearwater.

Pearl let go of her father to stand in front of Seth, taking his hands in hers he started to speak from his heart in a foggy tune. As the mumbled voice continued, Pearl looked around and saw all of her brothers sitting in the front row with the biggest smiles.

Jacob, Jared, Paul, Embry, Quil, Sam, Leah and Emily had all come.

Then there was another woman drying her eyes with a tissue.

At first, Pearl thought she was looking in a mirror, but this woman seemed older, yet kinder.

Pearl knew who it was in an instant.

It was Sarah Black.

Her mother.

☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩

Pearl's eyes blinked open as she felt a warmth heating up her cheeks. The morning sun was beaming through her bedroom window greeting her with  good wills.

Pearl let out a small yawn and licked her dry lips, still feeling the soreness of her scratched throat, and she had a fear she wouldn't be able to talk for a while.

She soon realised that her boyfriend was not lying where he had been when they fell asleep and her bed felt cold, meaning he had been gone for a while. However, Pearl could hear the shower running from her shared ensuite.

After a minute or two, she heard the water turn off and the door creak open. Pearl turned her head slightly to see her brother walking out in nothing but a towel, dripping wet.

"Put so -," Pearl coughed as she tried to speak. "Clothes on." She finished, cringing at the sudden pain in her stomach from the coughs.

"Close your eyes then." Jacob sassed and a second later, her morning sun was blocked by a shadow.

"Get your abs away from me!" She croaked, shielding her eyes with her arms.

"I'm trying to help, idiot." He rolled her eyes as Pearl slowly pealed her hands away to see him holding a glass of water for her to take.

"Oh . . .  thanks." She mumbled and sat up, trying her best to hide the pain she felt.

Jacob warily handed her the glass as he watched her movements, evidently seeing the pain that covered her features and not knowing if he should comment on them.

"How are you feeling?" He asked moving away to find some clothes so he didn't have to look at his injured little sister in the eye.

"If you mean do I want to drink your blood, then no." Pearl huffed, thinking it was the only thing her brother was interested in knowing.

"That's not what I meant, Pearl. I meant how are you feeling." Jacob repeated sincerely, appearing next to her with dark shorts and a maroon coloured shirt on.