Chapter Twenty Three

"Its just me and you here." Seth clutched Pearl's shaking hand tightly. "Take all the time in the world."

"I don't think I can do it, Seth." Pearl's voice shook as she spoke.

Currently, the two lovers were standing on the edge of the forest that overlooked the crashing waves of La Push beach. It was the famous spot for the pack's recreational cliff diving.

"I know you can, Pearl." Seth squeezed Pearl's hand tightly, letting her know that he'd never let go until she asked.

"You're a stronger swimmer than you were last time." He mentioned as she was afraid of almost drowning again from the strong currents.

"What if I hit the rocks on the way down?" Pearl peered over the edge of the cliff, looking at all the jagged rocks pointing out from the side.

"You're a far better jumper, as well." Seth added, although she was technically thrown off the last time.

"I don't know." Pearl gulped just looking at the crashing waves down below.

"I can go first if you want. Show you the water's fine?" Seth suggested, but she immediately shut that idea down.

"No! Don't leave me." She yanked him back, away from the edge, scared he would jump then and there.

"Its okay, I won't. I promise." Seth assured her, grabbing her arm tightly. "We don't have to do this, it was supposed to be a little bit of fun."

"But then I'm still just a stupid scared wolf." Pearl kicked the dirt in frustration as she spoke.

"Its up to you, Pearl." Seth shrugged. "But I promise you, I would never let anything bad happen to you." He looked straight into her dark eyes to show he was sincere.

"I know you won't." She half smiled, trying to convince herself it would be alright, but after all, how could he help her if she was in the water and he was still at the top of the cliff.

"How about this," Pearl got an idea. "I'll jump, if you jump." She moved his hand from her arm to grasp it in hers again.

"I told you I can go first." Seth chuckled.

"No, not first. I mean together." She held their intwined hands at eye level so he would understand.

"It would be my pleasure, my lady." He smiled, the idea of her needing him sparked warmth in his chest.

This is what an imprint was for.

Slowly, they inched closer and closer to the edge of the rocks until their toes were curled off the edge.

"Are you ready Pearl?" He asked, but her eyes were already closed in anticipation. "Count to three." He told her, to make her feel better.

"One." Pearl chewed her lip.

"Two." Her hand squeezed his tighter.

"..." Pearl let the strong winds blow through her dry hair for a moment longer.

"Three." The word left her lips in a whisper as she bent her knees, launching herself and Seth off the edge of the cliff.

The familiar feeling of the wind knotting her hair harshly, and gravity flushing butterflies in her stomach overtook her.

Expect this time, everything was more calm.

There were no rowdy boys cheering and yelling at her from the top, and no pressure to phase as she got closer to the water.

But the big game changer was Seth's hand tightly bound to Pearl's.

Quicker than she had jumped, Pearl and Seth crashed into the dark blue of the see, water completely filling all of her senses.