Final Chapter

Ahh I can't believe this is it!    
The Final Chapter!

☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩

*Five Years Later*

"Seth sweetie, could you please help me for a second?" Pearl called out as she struggled to put her baking tray back on the top shelf.

"Pearl! You're going to hurt yourself baby." Seth raced to the rescue and took the pan from her hand.

"Urgh, I know I know." She huffed and lent back onto the counter, feeling tired and it wasn't even noon.

"How are you feeling?" Seth asked more kindly after he had finished her task for her. "How's my little girl doing?"

"She's doing just fine, Seth." Pearl smiled and followed Seth's line of site.

Both Seth and Pearl were looking down at her now very round stomach.

Pearl was eight and a half months pregnant with a baby girl.

"Just making sure." Seth's hand cupped her stomach as he lent in for a tender kiss.

"I'm going to be late for the tribe meeting at the town hall." Pearl smiled pulling away.

"We would've had time if you didn't insisted on making muffins for the whole council every week." Seth brushed a thumb over her cheek.

"Actually I made brownies today." She quickly pecked his cheek and ducked out of his arms.

"Do I get one at least?" He asked, following her around the house as she got her things together.

"Are you on the council?" She asked rhetorically and he shook his head slightly. "Then you don't get any brownies." Seth just huffed in response.

"Seth your twenty-two. Grow up." Pearl rolled her eyes and placed her Chief Beads over her head carefully.

"Sorry Princess." He apologised smoothly. "Come on, I'll drive you to the hall."

-

"Your doing good Pearl. Your father was right, you're a perfect fit for Chief." Sam joined Pearl after the council meeting concluded.

"I don't feel like it, these kid's mothers are doing my head in." Pearl rubbed her thumping forehead.

"Brady and Collin are my responsibility, you don't have to deal with everything yourself." Sam placed a hand on Pearl's shoulder.

"You've got enough kid problems for now." He patted her shoulder once more and walked off to find Emily.

"No kiddin'." Pearl huffed and looked down at her stomach that showed through her long loose dress.

"Hey Pearl." Quil walked up the woman with a much older Claire walking by his side. She was now ten years old.

"Hey Quil, how you liking the new position?" Pearl asked referring to the spot on the council Pearl gave him in honor of his grandfather.

"Its great, I love it. I really appreciate it Pearl." Quil thanked her, smiling warmly.

"And how are you doing Claire?" Pearl put her hands on her knees and bent down to the young girl's level.

"Everything's great! Quil's teaching me karate, look!" Claire cheered and kicked Quil right in the shin who groaned in response.

"Claire!" He scolded, rubbing his sore muscle. "I told you to use that for self defense only!"