Chapter Seventeen

A week went by and Jacob and Bella were finally on speaking terms again, lightening up the mood of the whole pack.

Neither Pearl or Seth had gone back to school since they had both phased, but, as all good things, their uninterrupted time together had to come to an end.

"I think you're both ready." Sam crossed his arms and looked down upon the two shorter members of the pack.

"Its only been a week, the others got way longer off than that!" Pearl groaned, remembering her brother being gone for ages.

"I know, but you two haven't had any accidents in a couple of days." The alpha argued.

"What if those guys have a go at Pearl again, that's gonna trigger something in both of us!" Seth exclaimed, more concerned for Pearl than anything.

"If that's the case then you'll never go back." Sam sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Going back to school will be beneficial for both of you to learn to keep your emotions in check."

"There's no getting out of this is there?" Pearl sighed defeatedly.

"No there isn't." Sam said, and what he said was final.

"Fine." Seth huffed. "But I'm moving to each and everyone of Pearl's classes."

"Don't you two spend enough time together?" Jacob joined in the conversation from his position on Sam's couch.

"You don't seem to be doing anything to keep her safe, so I will." Seth sent her brother a glare.

Ever since Jacob had made up with Bella, and had started focusing more on her and the vampires rather than Pearl, Seth had been bitter towards him.

"Hey! I've been on patrol almost every night and I still go to school." Jacob sassed, showing the same disliking towards Seth.

"That's enough you two!" Pearl stopped them before they could take it further.

"I need to get some air." She sighed and started moving for the door, and she caught Seth following.

"Alone." She emphasised and Seth got the hint, backing away to avoid an incident.

Pearl finally made it outside and started walking through the woods along the tracks the pack had made.

When she was deep enough, Pearl started undressing herself in preparation to phase, and soon enough she was racing through the trees.

Over the week, the other boys had taught her how to keep her thoughts to herself, and also how to block them out to avoid a sensory overload, something Pearl experienced often. This way she could run in peace without hearing Embry and Quil who were on patrol.

Pearl ran along the track that she knew would take her to her new favourite place in the whole of the La Push Forrest. It was too far to walk to normally, but since she could fun much faster, it was easy to get to.

Pearl slowed down when she got to the tree where she had tied up her clothes last, then she shifted back to her normal self and got dressed.

She walked barefoot the rest of the way to her special spot, and even in her human form, she could still hear the sweet sounds of the water flowing and smell the deliciousness of the rich soil.

Pearl broke through the tree line where, on the other side, the deep blue colour of a river flowed through the land.

She walked to the very edge and sat down on the dusty ground, just close enough to dip her feet in and feel the soft currents tickling her toes.

When Pearl looked across the river to the other side of the bank, and remembered why she really had stopped her exploring there.

On the other side was the Cullen's land, even though the pack was allowed on it, ever since she had crossed it to talk to Bella, the boys had been keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't do it again.