Chapter Thirty Three

"This is my imprint."

"What?"

"Gabrielle, I imprinted on her." Jacob said softly, his arms tensing around his little sister nervously.

"You imprinted?" Pearl couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Yes Pearl. I finally found her." Jacob looked away from Pearl, and looked to the woman standing near them with the most adoring look Pearl had ever seen.

One a mother gave her new born child.

One someone gave someone who they would die for.

Jacob really had imprinted.

"That's . . . " Pearl didn't know how to respond to this news, what to say. "That's really great, Jacob." She nodded wordlessly, trying to get her mind together.

Jacob had left her, because of Bella.

He left his little sister, alone.

Without a single thought of her.

Then, a month later, he comes back with random girl from who knows where and she's now the most important thing in his life.

"Are you alright Pearl?" Jacob asked warily, noticing the slight frown that appeared on her face.

"You left." Pearl said, her mind finally focusing on the present moment.

"Pearl," Jacob's face turned to a frown too, but his was a saddened one.

"You left!" She got her bearings and pushed out of his iron grip, her brother stumbling over his bare feet.

"I know I did, and I'm so sorry," He tried to explain but Pearl wasn't having it.

"No you're not!" Pearl's eyes flickered to the tanned skinned girl who stood wordlessly, watching with saddened eyes at the siblings argument.

"Its not like that," Jacob tried to reach for her but she flinched away.

"I don't care who you found, you still left." She started to clench her jaw, curling her hands into fists as her breathing came heavy.

Pearl started to feel a familiar shiver course through her veins, visible through her skin.

"Tell her Seth." Jacob looked to her lover, he would know more than anyone what Jacob meant.

"Come on, Pearl." Seth touched her tenderly when she was in reach, soothing her quivering skin. "You don't need this right now."

"I want to speak to Alice." Pearl took deep breaths to calm herself, only whispering to Seth.

"I'm right here love, I'll take care of you." Alice appeared out of the blue and clutched onto Pearl's side, looking at her unstable state nervously.

"Thanks Alice." Pearl walked away from her brother without a second glance, too focused on not trying to phase amongst a herd of vampires.

"Pearl?" Bella's voice appeared as they made their way back to the party.

"She's unstable." Edwards darker voice said lowly.

"She's fine." Both Alice and Seth snapped at him in defence of their beloved.

"Don't get your hopes up, he's not here for either of us." Pearl looked up from the ground and spoke to Bella in her beautiful wedding dress, most likely picked out by Alice, as Edwards stood guard in front of her, not taking his hard stare from her unfocused body.

"Just keep walking sweetie, we'll get you your father." Alice pushed her forward again, knowing that Edward and Bella were just the thing to push her over the edge.