Future Foundation and Towa City

"S-s-so... Status report?" Towa asked timidly, approaching Ibuki tentatively. For a moment, it seemed as if Ibuki hadn't heard her, eyes glued to the wall of monitors before her as she hunched over a massive control panel. There were buttons, dials, knobs, switches, keys, and sliders so numerous and complex that it would've made the most advanced DJ setup look like child's play.

"No," Ibuki finally replied, voice tight, and Towa flinched. She gazed at Ibuki sadly. The poor girl was doing it again, pushing herself too hard, blaming herself out of a misguided sense of leadership. Then again, she was the Ultimate (Team) Captain, acquiring the title of her unit's Ultimate Hope through her hand in creating the Future Foundation, their current location. Its name was even inspired by the unit's futuristic style. As one of their lyrics said, "We only see the future, and see the new world. We're always ahead of time, no one can catch up!"

Now Ibuki was doing it again, going back to her days as the Ultimate (Track and Field) Runner. No one was going to catch up, except her, hopefully. She was trying to find the other half of their unit. Saki and Noa were missing.

"Never mind, I should be out there myself, out in the field, looking for them." That's a TRUE leader would do.

"W-wait! Ibuki! No! You can't!" Towa reached out to her, heart racing a million miles an hour as her stomach churned and roiled.

"Towa, they've been gone for a week and the latest intel placed them right in the heart of Towa City!" Ibuki gestured to the monitors.

A bloodred sky with black-gray clouds smothered a burning, dying city. People and machines littered the roads, blood and spare parts all over. Some of the machines were crashed cars, and the like, but others were robot bears and cats, Monokumas and Monochios, built by the city owners themselves, the Towa Conglomerate. (Yes, talking about the Conglomerate, or the city for that matter, was difficult when the Photon Maiden of the same name was present, so the FF had since taken to calling her Hanamaki in meetings about Towa City and the Conglomerate).

Other monitors displayed other parts of Towa City, cameras placed on various FF missions. One displayed Saori and Komaru, younger sister of one of their underclassmen, battling Monokumas and Monochios with sonic-weapon megaphones. On another, Nagisa and Aoi were doing the same with an electric guitar and a portable set of DJ turntables. And on another monitor still, Dalia and Rika were fighting back-to-back, flames surging from Rika's palm and incinerating anything that came too close. Dalia, meanwhile, covered Rika's blind spots, her martial arts just as strong as Rika's fire, even if the range was smaller. And that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Towa City was huge, so of course, the FF knew it would never be able to place cameras everywhere. In fact, at that very moment, Lyrilily (or at least, three of them) were creeping through the shattered streets. They were unrecognizable behind bloody, smiling clown masks. With them were seven boys, the supreme leader standing beside Kurumi. They were on their way to meet another ragtag band of misfits: the Warriors of Hope.

Kurumi and Miiko had worked with them in the past until they were highjacked by Monaca Towa, but a few of them were still friendly enough to grant the other group of gangsters safe travel through their territory. DICE was on a mission to rescue their favorite, misguided Chairman.

Peaky and Hapiara were back at Hope's Peak with the Call of Artemis, trying to maintain a grip on the rapidly dissipating rest of the academy.

In the middle school division, Hayate and Kokoa made their way to Towa City, hoping for resources to help them survive the Tragedy. Towa City was a warzone, but it meant there was plenty to be looted if the looters were brave and clever enough. Along the way, they met a seemingly non-Talented middle schooler named Michiru Kaibara, and they found the fourth and final member of their team during a raid, breaking into what used to be the most secure and secret facility in all of the city. In fact, only a handful of the Towa family knew it was there.