Running, climbing, hiding

I jolt awake, sweating and whimpering. I can't remember most of my dream, and I don't want to if it made me feel like I ran a marathon. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and readjust the rope around my waist. 

I feel stiff as a board from sleeping in an awkward position on a lumpy branch, so I stretch my arms and rub my eyes, twisting around to crack my back. I sigh, shaking out my arm muscles and cracking my neck.

My stomach rumbles, and I realize that I don't remember the last time I ate. I peer over the edge of my branch, my breath catching in my throat at how high up I had climbed yesterday. 

I untie the rope from around me carefully, leaving it dangling around the branch just in case. I slowly lower myself down onto the limb below me, and it's like something just clicked into place inside me.

Please excuse the cliche parts.

My body suddenly knew exactly what to do. I climb down onto a lower limb, using my legs to hook around it. I swing upside down, grabbing at another branch and hanging from my arms again. I repeat this process until I'm hovering three feet above ground, then I just drop.

I don't remember where I got all these skills, but they sure are useful.

I weave my way through the misty forest, occasionally running into big logs lying in my path and the occasional spiderweb. The leaves on the forest floor are old and soggy, the perfect noise cover for me. And for anyone else who's still looking for me.

I reach the edge of the forest, waiting and scanning the place for any sign of activity. I see a few early risers, but nothing too bad.

When I see no half-asleep zombie boys in the immediate area, I scramble towards the buildings. I see some of the blankets that came up with me lying on the ground, so I snatch one, slinging it over my shoulder.

I glance around. Where is the place most likely to have food? 

Suddenly a huge, warm hand settles itself on my shoulder. "Hey," A deep, soothing voice says. 

I spin around, grabbing his arm and getting ready to flip him. I stop short when I see the friendly cook, wide-eyed like a doe. 

I sigh. "What do you want?" I ask, releasing his hand. 

He shrugs. "I figured you'd be hungry. Would you like for me to bring you a couple of sandwiches from the kitchen? I made a couple too many last night and I saved a few in the food chest."

I nod. "Sure. Thanks. Leave them by the woods, I'll pick them up."

He nods, smiling faintly. "If you ever need a favor, I'm your man."

I scoff. "What should I call you? Mr. Friendly?"

He chuckles. "They call me Fry. It's short for Frypan."

I raise an eyebrow. "Odd name." I look him up and down. "Suits you."

He grins. "Thank you, ma'am." He turns around and heads in the direction of one of the buildings. 

A/N Hello, my lovelies! I hope you are still alive after reading this far.

I am extremely sorry if you liked what I used to have up, but I took down most of the stuff I wrote and retyped it. I hope you like it! 

 Because of the changes I've made, the whole (Or most) of the plot will be rewritten. I might keep my old chapters somewhere else and publish it as they are, and also work on this new version. What do you guys think I should do? 

Vote, comment and share! I'll see you alligators later. <3