1: The End (of High School)

You and your friends walked out of your school for the last time. This time, you all donned graduation caps and gowns, rather than the usual school uniform.

"I'm gonna miss sneaking out during lunch," Heizou said as you all walked by the cafeteria. Laughter erupted from the rest of the group.

"Oh, like the time you were reported for bringing us boba," you retorted.

"Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy it," your auburn-haired friend fired back. "You probably enjoy having balls in your mouth, especially if they're from m-"

"I'm gonna have to stop you right there," you interrupted.

"If I remember correctly," Ayaka spoke, "you dared him to do it, Y/N."

"He didn't have to listen!"

A gentle chuckle escaped Kazuha's lips. "We all know Heizou isn't one to turn down a dare."

"Yep," Heizou agreed. "58 dares and counting this past year."

"Only 58?" you playfully scoffed. Before you could say anymore, Ayaka spoke up after glancing at her phone.

"Oh, Ayato's waiting for us outside."

"Race you!" you exclaimed as you sprint down the hall.

"Hey!" Heizou yelled after you. "That's an unfair start!" Kazuha sighed as he saw you two sprint away.

"And to think we're all going to college in three months."

"Come on," Ayaka said as she started to jog after you and Heizou. Kazuha did the same.

Once Ayaka and Kazuha came outside, they saw you and Heizou standing by the door. You were both searching the crowd for a familiar face. All you were able to see were your classmates celebrating with each other or their family.

"Y/N!" your mom shouted once she saw you.

"Mom," you replied once you saw her. You quickly raced to where she stood and embraced her. Your dad held his arms out too, and with a grin, you hugged him.

"High school is officially behind you," your dad commented.

"Thank the Archons because it felt like an eternity!"

"Let's go home and celebrate," your mom suggested.

"Uh, can we hold off for a minute? We want to take a group picture," you told them as you looked back at your friends.

"Okay," your mom said.

"Thank you!" With that, you went back to your friends who were talking with Ayaka's brother.

All the underclassmen knew about Ayato. He had graduated a year before you but came back to Inazuma for Ayaka's graduation. Currently, he was attending the Akademiya in Sumeru for college.

"Y/N," Ayato greeted as he saw you. "Congratulations on graduating!"

"Thanks, Ayato!"

"May you please take our picture now?" Ayaka asked her brother.

"Sure," Ayato replied with a smile. As he pulled his phone out, you and your friends were huddling together. You were sandwiched between Ayaka and Kazuha. Heizou stood next to Kazuha. "Smile!"

Once Ayato lowered his phone, you all were immediately pulled into a group hug by Kazuha.

"Thank you all for making high school memorable," he said. The four of you stayed like that until you heard your parents call your name.

"Sorry," you told them as you detangled yourself from the group hug. "I've got to go, but can you please send the picture to the group chat?" you asked Ayaka, who nodded in response.

Later that night, you lay in bed, trying to process everything that just happened. No longer were you a high school student, you were now a graduate, expected to have a proper plan for your life.

A notification danced across your phone screen, breaking you from your thoughts.

Brain Cell Sharers

Ayaka
[sent 2 attachments]
here are the pics from this morning!

You
thank youuu
awwee ayato got a pic of our group hug!

Kazuha
please tell ayato thank you for us

Ayaka
will do

Heizou
eww
he didn't get my good side

You
heizou wth-

Kazuha
heizou...

Heizou
i'm talking about the group hug pic
the other one is fine because i know how to pose :p

Ayaka
heizou you're a menace

Heizou
why thank you

Ayaka
??
it wasn't a compliment

Heizou
hurtful
it was to me

You
🕯️manifesting that heizou somehow matures before college 🕯️

Kazuha
🕯️🕯️🕯️

Heizou
SAYS THE MOST IMMATURE PERSON IN OUR GROUP

You
you literally said i enjoyed having balls in my mouth-

Heizou
well do you?

You
the tension between me and the block button is so-

Heizou
WAIT NO
how else am i supposed to bug you? 🥺

You
you won't 😀
that's the best part!

Heizou
kazuha~
Y/N is being mean

Kazuha
deserved tbh

You
ily kazu

Heizou
THE BETRAYAL
you're supposed to take my side

Kazuha
no she has a point

You
😇

Ayaka
i leave you all for 10 minutes and come back to chaos
stop being mean to heizou
heizou stop being so fightable

Kazuha
sorry mother

You
sorry mom

Heizou
sorry mommy

Kazuha
WHAT

You
I-

Ayaka
I suddenly agree with Y/N
🕯️manifesting that heizou miraculously matures before college 🕯️

You
🕯️🕯️🕯️

Kazuha
🕯️🕯️🕯️

Heizou
i hate it here