𖥻 CHAPTER 1

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 1 ˎˊ˗" Cramped Vents "

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 1 ˎˊ˗
" Cramped Vents "

────══━━┈┈━━══────

The vents were cramped.

Y/N realized that fact very quickly as she entered them, metal walls surrounding her on every side.

It was a fun game Y/N liked to play— her trying to break into UA without anybody noticing. She (of course) did this with Nezu's permission.

In fact, he seemed to encourage it, as a way to figure out how he can improve UA's security.

Either way, the vents were cramped...

.

.

.

But not too cramped to the point where she couldn't fit.

Y/N crawled through the vents nearly silently, making her way towards Nezu's office as she prays that her dress won't be ruined by the dust and grime in the vents.

It didn't take long to arrive at his office, which was completely empty at the time, it making sense since it was nearing the end of the school year.

Y/N removed the vent cover, peaking her head out of the vent and looking around the office.

After making sure nobody would see, she jumped down, falling face-first as she quickly stood up, embarrassed by her failure of landing smoothly.

Y/N took a seat on the couch in Nezu's office, relaxing back into it as she waited for the rat to arrive.

Unfortunately, that seemed to be taking a painfully long time, and Y/N was not a patient girl— or uh, puppet.

Y/N stood up, walking towards the door and opening it, glancing to make sure nobody would see her before running around the corner.

She peaked around the corner, watching as a student walked away before running down the hall and towards a certain classroom.

Y/N slammed the door open with a cocky grin, startling everyone in the room save for the teacher, who just seemed exhausted.

"Shouta!" Y/N exclaimed brightly, the students taken aback at odd behavior and the girl (at least they thought she was) who was seemingly around their age calling their teacher by his first name.

"...Y/N." Shouta replied dully, too tired to deal with the puppet.

"Don't be so cold! I'll start to think you hate me!" Y/N put a hand on her chest and fell back, acting as though she was wounded.

"Oh! Alsooo... Do you know where Nezu-san is?" Y/N asked, playful demeanor replaced with genuine curiosity.

"What? He's not at his office?" Shouta asks back, making Y/N sigh in response.

"Oh well... I'll find him on my own. Goodbye, my favorite teacher ever!" Y/N formed a heart with her hands before running back out the classroom.

"Ai— Aizawa-sensei...? Who was that?" The student was nervous to ask as the man sighed deeply.

"A nuisance. Go back to working."

"Yes sensei!"

『••✎••』

Y/N roamed around the empty hallways, bored out of her mind before deciding to just go back to Nezu's office.

"Better than walking around aimlessly." Y/N reasoned to herself as she opened the office door, revealing the rat sitting at his desk.

Y/N's eyes narrowed suspiciously at the rat who smiled brightly at her.

"...I'm not gonna question where you were or why you made me go on a wild goose chase around the school. I want to talk about the next One For All successor." Y/N spoke, deciding not to start a meaningless fight with the rat.

"Wonderful!" Nezu beamed, as if he had expected it— which he probably did.

"Mirai is suggesting Mirio, right?" Y/N asks, taking a seat across from Nezu, who nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, young Togata is a wonderful boy."

"Yeah I've seen him around— actually I looked into him a bit more. And don't get me wrong— he's a great kid, really, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it in the top ten— hell, top three, even. But he isn't a good option for One For All." Y/N explained, knowing that her decision would impact the final decision at least a bit.

She knew every single past One For All user— she knows the ups and downs about how it works, and who would be a good or bad fit for the quirk.

(Y/N's months with Hikage were torture— it was basically all in that fucking forest. Goddamn hermit.)

"Mirio trained hard to master his quirk, that much is obvious. But perfecting it further along with training One For All? It's just not a good idea. Mirio... He's clearly amazing. But he doesn't fit One For All." Y/N elaborated, crossing her arms.

There was another suspicion she had about the ages of the One For All users dying... but that was another talk for another time.

"Hm... I see." Nezu thought over for a moment. "I suggest you talk with All Might about this."

"Ugh. Seriously?" Y/N grimaced, Yagi was nice, but a bit... slow, she supposed would be the right word.

Nezu smiled at the puppet with a nod, "The one suggesting the idea is his ex-sidekick, you'll likely need to tell him in person."

"Bleh... Where is he?" Y/N grudgingly agreed, taking out her phone in order to text Kurogiri.

"Currently? He's in Musutafu." Nezu answered as Y/N sighed, shaking her head lightly as she walks towards the door.

"Thanks— also the vents are so uncomfortable and cramped! They'd almost be cool if not for that!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR NOTES

Just want to be clear that AFO is NOT a good guy here. He's better than in canon— but he's still horrible. Y/N is the only person he's even decent to.

Also this fic starts during before Izuku even met All Might! Though the next chapter is literally them meeting... But this chapter and the prologue take place before that! So Aizawa's class isn't the 1-A that has Izuku lol