"Man my cream is sweeter than that"

I was walking back down the hall to my room. It was about 11:45 now. I heard footsteps behind me.. again. Wow. I already knew who it was by the sound of their footsteps, so I wasn't surprised when my eyes were covered by their hands.

"Good evening Rivers. Do you need something?" I asked sounding bored but still interested.

"Man, how'd you know it was me?" Gage asked sounding disappointed

"I could tell by your footsteps. Hence why I didn't run or panic." I responded smoothly

"How could you tell it was me by my footsteps?" he asked amazed

I stopped from bending down and getting the water bottle from the machine at the explanation I could give him. "Just a natural thing I guess." I covered up

"Oh well, that's cool" he said unsure of my excuse

"Eh. So what's up?" I asked turning around

"Nothing, I just wanted to prove you wrong." he smirked at me

"About what?" I asked playing dumb

"This." he said as he started to lean in

So I guess you're probably wondering what's happening. Let's take it all the way back to 5:35 this morning.

*

I awoke to my alarm clock beeping from my phone. I glanced at the clock. 5:35 a.m. "Ugggggg" I groaned. Then I silently whispered "boots" to myself. I chuckled at my joke. I crack myself up. Time to get up.

I quickly got up and dressed myself in some Soffee shorts and a old tournament shirt. I slipped on my socks and shoes before heading out to the world. As I made my way to the training room I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Gage. The way the freckles scattered across his nose and thinned out over
his cheeks. His long eyelashes and deep brown eyes. The way he sauntered everywhere he went. Graceful yet intimidating. Breath-taking.

I walked into the training room and saw someone had already occupied one of the tread mills. As I approached the machines I noticed it was Gage. Thankfully, he had his ear buds in, and didn't notice me walk in. I walked onto the tread mill farthest away from. I started to run. I looked up and saw him standing in front of me. It startled me so much I had to hop off the treadmill. Not very gracefully may I add.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked out of breath

"Waiting for you to come down here." he stated simply. Great, now I'm creeped out.

"Why were you waiting for me? And how did you know I was going to be here?!" I asked curiously

"What? I can't see my baby girl?" Here we go again. That stupid nickname. "And I heard from a little birdy that you would be down here at approximately 5:45. Except, you got here at 5:46. You were a minute late." he said as if this were normal.

"No, you can't see your 'baby girl'! I am not yours! Besides, you actual baby girl is back home. Now please, if you would excuse me."  I spat as I stormed out.

Does he not understand that I like to train myself ALONE? No, obviously he doesn't because he doesn't know. He doesn't understand. I shake my head. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of elevator signaling that I have reached my floor.

I look up to see it is now only 6:30. Everybody will be waking up any time. We will only have about 20 minutes to get dressed and eat breakfast. It doesn't take very long to get there seeing as the hotel everyone's staying in, is across the street from the stadium and rec center.