CH. I

MOTHER OF DRAGONS

⎯MOTHER OF DRAGONS

♚♚♚

The bloody screams of a woman going through labour were heard all around the tower that stood in Pentos, the last place where one might want to birth their child. Tyanna was alone, with a cheap midwife by her side who she paid to keep an eye out for the child she was about to birth. Tyanna never remembered much after the first cries of her child as she held her daughter close to her chest, and she would enjoy her child until she came of age as well.

Her and Maegor's daughter had been named Tyraena Targaryen, and she in turn gave birth to her own child, Vylenya. They lived peacefully on Essos until Tyraena noticed she could not care for her child alone and had gone to Westeros to plead for safety for her and her daughter to the Old King, who had looked down upon the young woman, and her child.

"The Spawn of Maegor cannot be left alive, my King" Otto Hightower had said to the Old King as he had huffed in agreement. "What has she done? Her mother took her away and raised her without the influence of Maegor" Prince Baelon had said as he sat the council with his brother, Aemon, the Heir of the Iron Throne. "She could be dangerous like her mother, the witch" Otto argued. "The child is not much younger than my own son" Baelon said, looking at Otto. "She probably wouldn't hurt a fly" he argued.

"Why do we not proof it, your Grace" Lord Beesbury said as he looked at everyone at the Council. "Both are without dragons, true Targaryens would have a dragon, there are still unclaimed Dragons out there" Beesbury said as he looked at the Old King. "And what, if they claim the right one, they get to stay? No, they are blood, they are family. We should help them" Aemon agreed with his brother.

Tyraena had been placed in a room, with her 6-year-old daughter as they awaited judgement from the Small Council, until a door opened to reveal a boy, slightly older than Vylenya had been as they looked at the boy who walked closer. "Is it true?" he asked bluntly as he looked at them. "Are you truly the daughter of Maegor?" he asked. "I am" Tyraena answered, and the boy smiled. "I am Prince Daemon, son of Prince Baelon" he said as Vylenya looked at him. "I am Vylenya, daughter of Tyraena" she said holding out her hand, it had been the polite thing to do, her mother had taught her, and that had not been the only thing.

Daemon smiled, mischief circling in the purple pools of his iris. "Pleasure" he said as he shook her hand. He stayed with them, asking millions of questions from tales of Tyanna to the stories of Pentos. Eventually the door opened again to reveal Prince Baelon who smiled at his son. "Thank you, Daemon, for welcoming them warmly" Baelon said as the young Prince rushed to his father.

Vylenya looked at Prince Baelon, curious eyes staring at him. "The Council will allow your daughter to stay, but not you" Baelon said looking at Tyraena. Daemon scrunched his eyebrows. "I will not leave my daughter" she said and Baelon sighed, expecting such answer. "Then the best I can offer you is a small place on Flea Bottom, I can pay for the minimum amount of food, and maybe some clothes left from the boys" Baelon said. "Otherwise, they would get suspicious" Tyraena nodded understanding. "I am truly sorry" Baelon said.