CH. V

MOTHER OF DRAGONS

⎯MOTHER OF DRAGONS

♚♚♚

It had been Vylenya's personal goal to train the little hatchlings and let them grow into phenomenal beasts as Yndrir had been well on his way as he grew each day. The fire dragon had grown to the size of a horse now, and soon would be able to ride and Vylenya knew no one would ever mount the beast of flames, with four legs and a temper to match Caraxes.

Vylenya watched as Chrydar and Sunfyre fought over a piece of meat as they flew over the building of her home as she watched in glee. The door opened and Prince Daemon entered as he placed down Dark Sister before he walked to her. "The Queen has lost her child again" Daemon said and this time there had been sadness in his voice she had not heard before from him. "She will not bare another child, I am afraid" Vylenya said as she looked at Daemon, caressing his face as she did. Daemon rested his forehead against hers. "Will we lose any of our children?" he asked.

Vylenya walked to Sunfyre who flew over as she took the dagger from her boot, making a small slice in the palm of her hand as she looked at the golden dragon. The blood that poured from the cut dripped down her palm. She uttered old Valyrian words, as she looked to Sunfyre whose small golden flames set the blood ablaze as she looked at her palm, she did not feel a burn or the heat as she looked at the fire.

"Those from my blood shall not perish in fire and blood, they shall thrive as Kings and Queens, Lords and Ladies" she said as she watched the flames turned from golden to red, to blue as they both looked on. "From my blood comes Azor Ahai" she said as she saw the flames die out and the wound on her hand has disappeared. Daemon took the hand and kissed it. "Azor Ahai?" he asked as he looked to her. "The Prince that Was Promised" she said as she looked to Daemon, he had never been one for prophecy and dragon dreams, but he knew Vylenya and her mother came from a line of those who did.

"The Song of Ice and Fire shall be sung, but not yet, music plays for a different dance." She said as Daemon kissed her palm. "but we shall thrive from it, one may not kill the Dragon as easily" she said as she turned to Daemon as he nodded, "come, let us fly" he said as they made their way to the Dragonpit as they mounted their dragons. Cannibal and Caraxes flew around each other as they flew. It was when Vylenya landed again she looked towards the North, like something had been calling to her. "Is everything alright, my sweet darling?" Daemon asked as he landed beside her with Caraxes as he looked off in the same direction. "Something is calling me" she said as she looked at her dragon.

Cannibal roared before lowering as she mounted her dragon again before she took to the skies. Daemon quickly followed behind her on Caraxes as she flew to the wall until the Cannibal stopped, not flying over it as she flew along it, until she landed in a clearing, followed by Daemon. "my sweet darling, what is it?" he asked rushing to her as she stood in the cold freezing wind as she looked at the Wall, some men of the Night's Watch looked to the two dragons as they stood before the Wall, as if they were debating what to do. "The Song of Ice and Fire, it had been a dream of House Targaryen long ago. My mother told me the story from her own mother which Maegor once told her" she said as she stared at the Wall.