CH. III

MOTHER OF DRAGONS

⎯MOTHER OF DRAGONS

♚♚♚

When Vylenya reached her home, she was quickly welcomed by Yndrir who snuggled against her as she laid in her bed. "Did the coronation go well?" her mother asked as she walked closer to her daughter, stroking her silver hair before she looked at the sweet girl, she loved more dearly than anything else in the world. "The Queen lost her child" Vylenya said as she looked at her mother.

"I believe it to be my fault mother" she said as she stared back at the ceiling. "How could it be?" Tyraena asked as she looked at her daughter. "Every time, I see something, a form of new life" Vylenya said as she looked at her mother. "What if instead of bringing back Baelon, I cursed his sons" Vylenya cried as she could not imagine cursing Daemon to such fate. "House Targaryen will die without another child born, it cannot continue with the help of Rhaenyra alone and she is still young" Vylenya said as she sat up and looked at her mother with tears in her eyes.

"Now, hush, my darling, I am sure it's nothing to worry about. Targaryens come from the blood of the dragon and dragons born to men are often more difficult births" Tyraena said, it had been the same theory of her own mother when Maegor did not conceive many children, and those that had quickened in the womb of his wives would quickly perish after. "Sleep, it's been an eventful day, get some rest and we will try find anything on the subject in the morrow" Tyraena said, neither knowing what was about to come.

Vylenya didn't know when she found sleep, and she had to admit it was barely there, but the next thing she remembered was walking through the streets of King's Landing, covered in soot and what seemed to be blood. She walked barefooted as she seemed to walk in circles, the cries of Yndrir sitting on her shoulder was the only thing heard, but because most people had been asleep none reacted until a City Watch knight alerted the Rogue Prince of a woman with a dragon on her shoulder walking around.

Daemon had been confused who it could be, as he followed his Knight and stopped when he saw the young woman only wearing a nightgown and covered in soot and blood. "Vylenya?" he said, recognising her face under the dirtiness and the small dragon on her shoulder. He heard no cries of Cannibal as he walked over to the young woman before wrapping her in his golden cloak.

"dragons of gold will fight for their home" she muttered in High Valyrian as Daemon turned her around, she still seemed out of it as she softly shook her. "Rogue and cruel makes gold" she muttered before she looked up at Daemon. She spoke in a language he could not understand as one hand placed itself on his cheek, looking frantically in his eyes before she gasped for a deep breath. "Daemon?" she asked before she passed out in his arms. "I got you" Daemon said as he picked her up bridal style before carrying her to the Red Keep, they had Maesters there and he would not let her go on the streets. He told one of the Knights to alert her mother in the morrow as he would take care of her now.