A chance encounter

It's been a quiet night in Bludhaven. Nightwing stops a few muggings and a store robbery before deciding to call it an early night.
He is contorting himself through the window of his appartement for the fun of it, when he spots a shape sprawled out on the couch.

The vigilante hovers his hand over one of the escrima sticks on his hips and quietly tiptoes further into the living room. It's probably one of his siblings, but one can't be too careful. With his unoccupied hand he flicks on the lightswich.

"...Little wing?"

"Hey big bird." Jason waves halfheartedly in his direction, making no other move to sit up or put on a defensive stance. He is still in his Red Hood gear, minus the helmet and domino mask.

Dick hadn't realy expected his most turbulent brother. He is equally delighted to see him as he is worried why he's here. Jason doesn't approach the family. It's almost always Dick that seeks out Jason. The few times It's been the other way around his little brother had been shaking with pit madness, or just come out of an episode and didn't trust himself around anyone else.

Also good god when was the last time Jason called him big bird.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Dick asks tentatively, making no move to come closer just yet.

A long pause follows the question before Jason awnsers.

"Yeah. Yeah I think so? I feel great actually." He says it like he can't believe, or wrap his mind around the words themselves.

Dick wracks his mind to what could cause this sudden shift? Lethargy? in his brother.

"What about the outlaws, how'd your mission go?"

"They're fine. Mission went good enough." Jason waves off flippantly.

Okay Jasons friends are fine. And based off of the reponse there probably wasn't anything that set him off on the mission. So should Dick go for the direct approach and just ask? Sure why not, whats the worse that could happen right.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?"

Jason gives him a look. Little brothers. Nightwing fights the urge to roll his eyes.

"C'mon Jay you don't just show up here for nothing."

"...Guess I don't." Jason mulls something over in his head. "Quick question, and I don't mean to freak you out but, what colour are my eyes right now?'

Dick inhales sharply. It never bodes well wen Jasons eyes change. Even when he seems eerily calm at the moment. Perhaps because of it. A good day could switch to being the calm before the storm with the snap of his fingers. He braces himself for the toxic green as he looks into his brothers eyes.

"Blue. They're blue little wing." They both sigh in relief.

"Cool, cool. Great even." Jay nods to himself.

"Sooooo," Dick obnoxiously drags out. "Story time?" Feeling relatively sure his little brother isn't going to try and attack him, he makes himself comfortable on the couches armrest. Depending on how the story goes he might shove Jason aside to squeeze in next to him later.

Jason pushes his fingers through his hair. "Shit, fine. So. I got stranded in the middle of bumfuck nowhere America.

_________________________________________________

After a successful mission on the west coast the outlaws said goodbye to eachother. Each going their own seperate ways once more.

The Red Hood, seeing as he drove here on his motorbike, realises he'll have to drive all the way back to Gotham as well. Even on his souped up bike the trip from the west to east coast is going to take several long days.