John constantines reluctant dadhood. 3

Constantine decides to do some sleuthing. He needs to know exactly how big a threat the doctors Fenton are and how to stop them.

The Fenton recidence looks like a alien spaceship had a love child with an OSHA viloation guidebook. The door is awnsered by a curvy woman in a teal formfitting hazmat suit. This must be doctor Madaline Fenton.

John introduces himself to the matriarc as a fellow paranormal enthousiast. Handing over a buisness card. Here's hoping his reputation is enough to make the scientists more loose lipped about their work.

But any fear he had about the Fentons keeping their research hidden is quickly dashed when he gets bodily dragged through the door by an overly entousiastic Jack Fenton. Whom immediately starts spewing the most hatefilled, psychopathic nonesense John has ever heard with the biggest, most genuine grin on his face. Glancing at the mans wife she now has her arms filled with all sorts of weapons wich churns his stomage. Not just because most are shaped like medieval torture devices, but the vibes he gets off off them; death magic, the malicious kind. The sort that promises death, destruction and pain. To John it feels like being in the same room as a powerful, pissed off demon. So very different to the freezing cold, but playful mischief he's come to associate with Phantom. He hates it.

Madaline lays all of them out on the coffee table, in the living room. Didn't these people have kids in the house? When she sees John looking over she too starts entousiastically desribing what exactly these torture devices do to any given ghost they capture In vivid detaiile.

John feels very very glad he didn't take Boston with him on this excursion.

The mage simply smiles and nods along, keeping the couple talking. The more he gets on them the better.

~

Danny walks down the stairs as he heard his parents have a guest over and wants to know whats up.

He stops dead in his tracks at the bottom as he and Constantine make eye contact. The magician stares slack jawed at him. Danny tries to act casual and play it off.

"Hey mom, hi dad, who is that?"

"Hi Sweety! Mister Constantine is a famous paranormal expert. Though i am sceptical of his claims regarding magic."

"Johnny here is interested in learning about our work! We're teaching him how we deal with ghost scum!" Jack claps a hand on his shoulder and nearly decks the mage.

"Don't call me Johhny."

"Yeah I'd get confusing, ones a plenty." Danny mumbles.

"What was that sweety?"

"Nothing mom."

"Oh well, can you get our guest something to drink Danny? Thanks sweety." Maddie walks off without waiting for an awnser. Jack on her heels talking loudly about what torture devices to show off next.

"Suree thing." Danny awnsers the air. He fishes his phone out of his pocket and starts typing. Without looking up from the blocky piece of tech he asks the mage. "What do you want?"

"You're ordering out for tea?"

Danny nods "mhmm. You don't want anything that's been in our kitchen. Bio hazard."

Constantine is feeling awekward and doesn't know exactly how to bring up the elephant in the room "So you uh, get deliveries a lot then kid?"

Danny shrugs. "Whenever we can yeah. My sister Jazz cooks if she has the time."

"Your folks don't then?"

"When they remember. Usually my dad makes fudge and eats it all himself. When mom cooks though, the food tends to come back to life and we'll have to re-kill it before it eats us instead." Danny says like it's the most normal thing in the world.