Contingency

Batmans stressing about making inceasingly elaborate contingencies against phantoms ever expanding power list.

At least the ghost is cooperative.

_______________

Danny likes Batman. He's kind of like a ghost but not. No nonesense and direct with his expectations, and like an open book with his feelings. Perhaps not to other leaguers sans J'onn, but that's the privilidge of mindreaders/empaths.

Add to that the good relation Danny fosters with Lady Ghotham, whom can not stop gossiping about, and fawning over her childeren. He and the Big Bad Bat get along just fine. Danny genuienly thinks Bats doesn't mind him either, as they have semi regular conversations not related to the mission at hand. He doesn't even mind Batman trying to dad him from time to time.

So Danny trusts him. More than he does most other Justice League members. More than other Leaguers trust The Bat. He trusts Batman to keep his secrets sercet and to do what is neccesairy when the situation call for it. If anyone on the JLA deserves to know exactly what Phantom is capable of, its Batman.

~

Batman has extensive notes and research on every member of the Justice League. Their powerset, weaknesses, contigency plans for both. It has gotten him in hot water with his coleagues before. He argues it is an absolute nessecity to have. Most still don't agree but reluctantly tolerate his quote unquote paranoya.

No one has ever voluntairily handed over information on themselves. Batman tells himself its better to observe and catalogue it all himself, so they can not lie to him. So he is fully prepared to start the same routine with the newest member of the team as well.

Phantom reacts surprisingly well to his questioning, happy to give him the information he seeks, elaborating when he asks, and explaining his reasoning when he can't awnser something. Batman's uncertain if it's naiivety, he has to remind himself Phantom isn't as young as he appears frequently. He hasn't seen him speak so openly to the other members, not about himself or his culture at least. Then again, no one else has asked the ghost as far as he's aware.

He has seen Phantom speak about constelations with J'onn, both looking out the windows of the observatory deck. And the ghost is often seen around Captain Marvel. The current speculation among the team is that they must have known eachother for quite a while, hence why they're so friendly with eachother. He has no evidence one way or the other to collaborate, but it's a sensible conclution.

~

Despite the openness the Ghost King has displayed, it still takes Batman off guard when Phantom asks to speak to him after a meeting, and hands him a hard disk.

"It's the list of all my known powers. Most Recent update. I'll let you know whenever I get a new one so you can update it. Most of my weaknesses are listed as well. And I've added a few blueprints for ghost hunting gear I think will be useful against the more powerful ghosts. What you guys got from me is kinda standard defence stuff, yknow stun and capture. Since I'm not entirely comfortable with the main League having access to the heavy stuff, I figured this is a decent compromise?"

Batman is frankly a little stunned being just handed this information. Ofcourse he's careful not to show it.

"Uh..If you want a list of my rougues I can get you one with probably most of the info intact."

"Why." He asks evenly.

"Well if I'd be up to just me you'd get the full uncencsored list but as I've said before some secrets arn't for the living to know-"

"No. Why are you giving me this?"

"Oh! I overheard some of the others talk about the contingency plans you have for them and I thought thats a great idea. So I wanted to give you as much information as I could."