xxv.

EDITED

It took almost 3 days for Bella's body's body to fully recover and begin her transformation. Eliza was holding Renesmee as Jacob stood behind her, still weary of the hybrid baby. All of the Cullen's were in the kitchen and Seth sat timidly on a nearby couch. All of the vampires heard Bella's body make one final stitch, meaning she was going to wake any moment. The family all looked around at each other, leaving the shifters confused. However, Jacob noticed the look on Eliza's face as she glanced down at the smiling baby and knew what had happened. Eliza then glanced over at Seth wearily, Bella was not going to be happy about the imprint.

Edward excused himself from the room and Jacob moved closer to Seth for support. Eliza continued to bounce baby Renesmee on her hip, cooing at her as she knew Bella would need to hunt before anything. "She's grown attached." Emmett smirked as he stared at Eliza from next to Jacob. "A little too attached." Jacob scoffed as he noticed how entranced the blonde was with the hybrid baby. "So, now that we know it's possible." Emmett looked at Jacob suggestively and Eliza whipped her head to glare at the burly man. "You're not funny." Eliza narrowed her eyes at the vampire, but Jacob just looked flustered. "I'm a little funny." Emmet's smirk remained as he was still amused.

"They're back." Seth stood up from his position on the couch a couple of minutes later, alarmed. "Should we be worried about him?" Eliza looked at Jacob wearily as she looked away from Renesmee. "Probably." Jacob sighed as Eliza handed her niece over to Rosalie and stepped beside him. "Welcome to the family." Esme grinned as Bella and Edward entered the house. "You look amazing Bella." Alice complimented the newborn excitedly. "Except for the eyes." Jacob muttered as Bella's right red eyes set his wolf on edge.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle grinned from in front of Rosalie and Seth. Seth tried his best to be his usual carefree self, but his instincts put him on high alert as he stood close to the baby girl. Rose." Edward motioned for the girl to turn around with Renesmee as Bella approached. Bella let out a breathy sigh as she took in the sight of her giggling daughter. Seth stiffened as Rosalie handed Renesmee off the Bella. Bella smiled down at the little girl in her arms and Renesmee raised her small hand up to her mother's face. A cross of confusion and disbelief took over Bella's face and Renesmee shared her first memory of her mother.

"What was that?" Bella didn't break eye contact with the child as she furrowed her eyebrows. "She showed you the first memory she has of you." Edward explained to his wife with a smile on his face. "Showed me, how?" Bella still didn't understand the situation. "How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? She's gifted." Edward grinned at the powers of his daughter. "I've only been out for two days?" Bella took in the progressive age of her newborn daughter. "Her growth rate is unprecedented." Carlisle shared the news that had all of the family a little concerned.

"Maybe that's enough experimenting for one day." Seth couldn't stop worrying about how close a newborn vampire was to his imprint. "Seth, she won't hurt her." Eliza gently touched the young shifter's arm, feeling bad for the young teenager. "What am I missing?" Bella looked around at her family members confused as she noticed Seth's odd behavior. "Do tell her." Rosalie grinned as she looked over at the two shifters in the room. "Hold on a second, Bella." Edward took Renesmee out of his wife's arms, also intrigued by the situation. "Look, Bella, it's a wolf thing." Jacob tried to save Seth from Bella's negative reaction. Bella looked down at Jacob and Eliza's hands before glancing over at Seth, who now had his head down.

"You imprinted on my daughter?!" Bella glared at Seth, taking a step closer to him. "It doesn't mean what you think, Bella." Jacob tried to intervene again as Seth continued to cower back from the vengeful newborn vampire. Bella pushed Jacob out of the way and Seth ran outside, stumbling down the stairs and away from Bella. Eliza went to follow after Bella, not liking the danger that Seth was in, but Edward put a hand out to stop her. "She's incredible." Edward stared after his wife as she stalked toward Seth as if he was her prey. "She's going to hurt him!" Jacob looked worried as he followed the two outside, worried about the young pack member. Eliza shoved Edward's hand out of her way as she made her own way outside.