🖤 Sylas

◇ Y/n would selflessly give their life to free the mages. After all, they were a spy within the Mageseekers, one of the reasons that the rebellion has stayed safe. So how does Sylas react when their skills are called elsewhere? When they are drawn to the frontlines- and never return? ◇

To be a mage is already dangerous. A heinous crime, suitable for death in Demacia. But to be a mage, so hopelessly, irredeemably in love? A death sentence.

But it was worth it, to be with Y/n. They were the most amazing person in Demacia, maybe even Runeterra. And I hoped that even Morgana's sister could see it.

They helped any chance they could, risking their life for us every single day. They gave us information on the Mageseekers, kept us safe from their hunts. They would rather die than let something happen to us.

I was just happy when they found time to sneak away, such as tonight, where they they wrapped themself around me like some sort of protective blanket. Like they were scared to lose me.

I felt then squeeze tighter in their light sleep and I smiled slightly, rubbing their back. It woke them from their sleep, bleary eyes blinking open as they looked at me, a small smile blooming across their face.

"Good morning, my love," I murmured, pressing a soft kiss to their head. They murmured something back, leaning back into me.

"As much as I'd love to stay like this, you have places to be," I sighed, running my hand up and down their arm. Y/n paused at that, glancing at me a moment before they spoke.

"About that.. theres something you should know. Demacia is worried about the Noxians, being so close to the border. Theres been a few skirmishes. I'm a Mageseeker, but I was a soldier first. They're calling me back to duty. I won't be able to keep you guys safe anymore, at least not from the others. But I know someone who might be able to help. Just, promise to take care of her? Nobody knows she's actually a mage and she wants to keep it that way," Y/n explained hesitantly, hands gripping me tighter.

"Of course we'll keep her safe. I swear on my life I'll keep her secret safe, okay? Just promise me you'll come home safe," I murmured, pressing a soft kiss to their forehead.

"You know I can't promise that-"

"I know. Just entertain me with it."

◇◇◇

It's been months since Y/n left for duty. They left me with Lux, a sweet girl who has done her best to protect Demacia with her brother. We've had no word on Y/n.

They sent letters for a while, but they stopped coming. I could only hope for the best, but I feared the worst.

But I couldn't help but feel my blood curdle as I saw a procession, a small band of soldiers returning. I watched from the quiet shadows, seeing them hold something up.

Not a coffin or a body, but armour. Discarded armour that was chipped and dirtied, armour that'd seen the front lines.

A set of armour that was unrecognizable, had it not been for the glint of a specific symbol on the shoulder guard.

I stared at it disbelief, quick to send a runner out to see what happened.

"It's Y/n's armour, alright. They said they found it, not a body. Their sword, however, was shattered. The hilt was the only thing intact. Everything else was gone. No sign of them. They're presuming them dead, considering the state of the sword and armour," I was told. I watched the sorrow on their face and in theirwords.

I knew what losing Y/n meant for them. They knew what it meant to me.

It meant that I would be alone again. I wouldn't have anyone to wake up to again, no one to help me soothe the nightmares.

No one.

◇◇