💔 Viktor

◇ Y/n and Viktor have known each other since they were babies. They grew up with each other, but never expressed their shared feelings. When Y/n goes off the grid suddenly, Viktor is heartbroken. He becomes cold and distant. Until he meets a stranger along his path ◇

I stared at the picture of Y/n, hidden away in a little, protected crevice of the armour encasing my body. They were still young, a time before they became toughened by the streets of Zaun, as adulthood did to Zaunites.

They always told me I was lucky to get out when I did. It "showed Piltover how pretty the people of the Undercity are." I didn't get what they saw. All I could see was a helpless cripple who could barely walk properly.

But Y/n, Y/n saw me differently.  They saw a brilliant mind capable of so much. Anytime we played they were gentle with me, knowing my limits. They waited for me when the others left me behind. They visited me when I was sick and made sure I had enough to eat every day.

They took care of me when no one else would. They even visited me when I started to go to the Academy.

And then, they were gone. They left without a word. They stopped visiting, stopped checking in, stopped sending word. Just disappeared.

I remember when they first left. I panicked. Of course I did, they were my best friend. I couldn't live without them. I put off my work to look for any sign of them. I didnt find anything.

So I stopped looking, but I never once forgot them. The way they laughed, the way they smiled. The words they said to me everytime I was sad or upset. The gentle actions, the soft touches. Everything I remember so vividly.

But they were gone now. I had no one left. Maybe they would return someday, but until then, I was alone once more.

The entire time I'd been walking, I hadn't realized where I'd been going. When I finally looked up and saw where I was, I paused. I guess a trip down memory lane put my body into autopilot. I found myself at our spot, a place we found ourselves so frequently. We were always here, whether it was after a day of playing or needing a break from fights at home.

My heart twinge at the memory, sitting down at the ledge, allowing my feet to dangle. I still hated myself for never telling them how I felt. Maybe if I had they'd still be here. They'd still be insisting on taking care of me and babying me.

But they weren't, and I was never going to get another chance. I know, I should move on. Yet how could I, knowing that theres a silver of a chance Y/n is still alive and out there?

I, however, was quickly pulled from my thoughts by the soft taps of footsteps behind me. Though I didnt move, the lazer on my shoulder was quick to face them, blasting them. The sound if them dodging caused me to turn and I saw a cloaked figure inches away from where I'd shot.

"Is that how you greet everyone?" They grumbled, staring at me. They narrowed their eyes, e/c things that gleamed so familiarly.

"Not everyone. Just the ones who sneak up on me," I snapped back, cold as ever. They snickered, rolling those beautiful eyes.

"Still just as sarcastic as ever, huh? They were right. You really did change though. An organic machine. Still got the same brain as before? I hope so, I've always liked that part of you the most," they sighed, stepping closer as they sat down over the ledge, pulling the hood and mask down to reveal soft lips and h/c locks.

They were the same as I remember, save for the jagged scar that ran from the side of their scalp all the way down to split their lips.

"Y/n? What happened to you?" I asked quietly, scared it was a dream. Could I even dream anymore?

They laughed, smiling at my surprise.

"Zaun happened. Becoming a champion of a Chehm Baron isn't easy. Also, I had a mutated dog on my ass for the longest time. Theres a reason for the scar. He insists I'm an enemy, despite the fact I told him this was the only way I could keep Zaun somewhat safe from the wrath of the Barons," they explained with a sigh, worry weighing heavy on their shoulders, evident in every wrinkle on their face.

"Enough about me, what about you? When did this whole machine thing happen?" Y/n was quick to swap subjects, staring me down as they always did when they wan tee ed answers.

"A long time ago. A few months after you disappeared, actually. I looked for you, you know. I did. And my body couldn't keep up. So I changed myself. But I never forgot you. Ever," I told them, watching quietly how they would react. They paused, seemingly lost for words before they looked away, off in the distance and they spoke.

"I know, I'm sorry I left. I wanted to tell you why, what happened, where I was going. But I couldn't. I couldn't risk them hurting you. Its just not something I could do. It hurt me just as much, but the pain was worth it to keep you safe. I just never thought I'd get the chance to tell you just how much I love you. But here I am, I guess. You deserve an explanation, if you want one."

I stared at them, shocked. They.. loved me? They loved me when I was some sickly cripple, incapable of defending myself?

(I dont know if his mask is actually removable, but it is now)

I felt like I was in a trance as I took my mask off, hearing the familiar hiss of the system letting it go. I set it to the side, pulling Y/n towards me as they closed the gap to press a kiss against my lips.

Theirs were soft, even around the scar. Time slowed, slowed so much I'd thought it'd stop. My brain was trying to capture of single feeling, every possible angle of this moment to save it forever, in case it never happened again.

"So, that explanation?" I asked as I pulled away. They smiled, scooting closer as they leaned in. I found myself wrapping an arm around their waist as they rested their head on my shoulder.

"So, it's a long story. The last time I'd visited you, I was stopped by one of the other Baron's grunts..."

◇◇