Chapter 6

“Jeon’s family doctor is the Dean of this hospital.  I have notified him.  Tell your name to the receptionist they will lead you to Jungkook.”  Aerial briefed as she phoned a person.  “You get inside.  I will let Chris know, he must be waiting for me at restaurant.”  Without further delay Reya got inside the hospital.  Details concerning the room and floor being received, she hurried. 

•••••

    Everyone being landed on their floors, she was left alone in the lift to the ICU.  The elevator dinged demanding her to step out of it.  Right away Reya's eyes looked for that one being, Jungkook and he was the lone one seated for the full-length corridor;  his hands gripping his head.  With a deep drag of breath, she walked.  The more silent steps she took to reach him, her mind braced itself to face Jungkook, a vulnerable human when it comes to his mom. 

     She stilled few feet away from him, something strange stopped her from moving further, close to him.  At last leaving a gap between them she took a seat beside him.

     A sick feel settled down at her abdomen, memories flooded in her head reminding the most dreadful hospital encounter of her life, near mortuary to get her dead uncle.  Her heart beat raised uncontrollable, tears gathered in her alarmed eyes; her hold on her dress turned tight.

     “I thought you would not come.”    Jungkook’s sudden voice saved Reya from drowning into the sea of sorrow.  She was pulled out to the present from her past.  Wiping her eyes she observed Jungkook who sat in the same position.

     “Did doctor say something?”  She asked instead, he shook his head like a robot.  And the door to the ICU opened, exited a doctor.  Jungkook stood up immediately, as well Reya.

      “Your mom is out of danger, Mr. Jeon.”  That single line was all Jungkook needed, his body got loosened as if a weight was lifted off.  “But, things are not normal.  It’s a massive heart attack, that means her heart cannot accept any shocking information.  She should be emotionally strong to avoid further attacks.  Don’t make her sad or grieve about something.”  That description of his mother’s condition forced him to imagine the worse.  Though he stood like a mountain in front the doctor Reya’s eyes took a note of how his hands were shivering.  Reya stood close to him, held his hand tight, rubbing it.  “And you Miss?”  The doctor inquired noticing a foreigner’s presence.

     “I am his wife.”  Reya said, her eyes never leaving Jungkook’s face.  Momentarily the doctor turned a reporter and wanted to pose multiple queries on the idol’s secret marriage, but his professional ethics obliged him to conceal it. He elucidated her how the patient should be ministered.  The slip with the list of medicines were handed to them.

      Few minutes later the couple was left alone, Jungkook took seat with a thud.  Reya heard him murmur incoherent words, with mindfulness she heard him repeat, “Everything is because of me.  I should have been careful.  If I was careful my mom would be fine and happy.  Nooooo!!!”. As he snarled, his fingers clutched his long hair and pulled it hard in frustration.  Reya knelt in front of him.

     “Jungkook, relax.”  She with her uttermost strength clasped his hands, next second it was withdrawn from her hold.

     “No.  Leave me.  I should be the one who should get hurt, not my mother.  You don’t come in my ways.  LEAVE.” He growled as he lost his mind all the way.  She carried his face and looked at his closed eyes.  She wiped his tears, as they continued to flow freely.

     “But this doesn’t change anything, Jungkook.  You, cannot turn back time to not let anything happen.”  Her words were coaxed with tenderness.   Her fingers caressed his knuckles, lessening its ferocity on his hair.  “But you can take a very good care of her.  Keep her hail and strong.  For that, you should be fine.  Please control yourself for your mother’s sake.”  She soothed his nerves and meekly detached his hand from his hair, at that moment he resembled her 7 months old daughter.  “Please relax.  Eomma is safe.  Nothing will happen to her.”  She sat beside him.  “Have some water.” She offered him some water, he shook his head.  In no time she felt a heaviness on her shoulder.  His head on her shoulder, his hand holding her arms; Reya allowed him.  Sensing calmness offered by her warmth his eyes fluttered closed, his frigid hands encircled her waist and buried his wet face in her crook.