Chapter 10

As much as people think of their first meeting with their lovers, they not even imagine of their last one.   The most painful emotion, to meet the person we once madly in love with and to say goodbye.  The worst case scenario was the unfinished ones, which ends without a closure.  Unsaid goodbyes keep the wounds fresh and ever green.

     Reya’s eyes long lost its shine as she was reading the name tag again and again, her body muscles got tensed, it was her, here; again in his life.  Like a wake up call rang her phone, her ringtone no less than a lifeboat saving her from drowning into the pool of thoughts.  It was her mother-in-law and Pallavi needed them.

     “Kook.” Reya called him followed with a slight nudge.  He didn’t respond.  “Jungkook!” She shook him a bit irritation in her manner, to get him out of the daze, her daze.  “Hey.”  Losing her patience she gave a light tap on his cheeks.  Only then he breathed and blinked his eyes and turned to face Reya.  “Pallavi, she needs us.” She chiseled her each words, before turning her attention to the sales woman.  “Please pack this.”  Reya said to the woman; her tone stern, The woman’s head was hung low as she nodded.

     None talked for the next 20 minutes, each were in their own line of thinking.  The clothing bags were neat at the back seat.  Reya regretted for forcefully dragging Jungkook out of the shop, but it was all for Pallavi or she took Pallavi as an excuse.  So at least she decided to give Jungkook some privacy to contemplate.

     The car was pulled in the sideways, Reya’s early regrets got replaced with confusion.  Her mouth opened to ask instead got closed when he took his phone and dialed someone, in a swift he finished his phone conversation and stuffed his phone back to his pocket.  Reya mimicking a lost puppy was looking at his side profile, for him to turn and say something.  That’s when she heard a car getting parked next to them, the driver was waving at Jungkook.  Finally Jungkook turned to her.

     “That’s our parent’s car.  He will drop you at home.”  He said in a calm tone, not bothering to give her explanation, not that she needed one to understand.  “I will be late today.”  He breathed.  None spoke after that, his look said that he expected Reya to inquire further.

    “Bye.”  Reya said in a plain voice and collected the shopping bags from back seat before descending from their car.

     She knew what he was planning and she allowed him, he needs a closure.  The car ride started and she let her guards down as tears were flowing non-stop from her eyes, but why; she got no answer.  It maybe the anxiety or the fear that he won’t return, though she knew he for none sake would leave her or their children, or would he?

••••••

     Her mother-in-law noticed the tremendous change Reya shown before and after their shopping.  Had sensed the serious situation the moment Reya stepped out of their own car instead of Jungkook’s.  Yet she gave the couple the well needed space to sort out.

     On the other hand, Reya; she didn’t eat her dinner, the food plate which was served by her mother-in-law kept untouched on the side table.  When she thought everything was fine and seemed to be smooth sailing in their life, his ex needed to pop out of nowhere.  She terribly regretted her action, since it was her who pestered him to visit that particular shop.  Again appeared those bunch of questions, what will happen now? Will he come home today or tomorrow or after two days? Till then will he stay with her? Those bombarded her brain. It may be the perks of her pregnancy that she couldn’t help but feel terror-stricken. The Catastrophic thinking are always wild and rough comparative to the reality.  She was having a quick glance of all the possible negative climaxes of their 7 years relationship.