| one |

blake

[november 11th, 2016]

as i roll over, i'm met with a pair of bright green eyes. despite me living alone, i close my eyes once more.

"mikey, go away." i groan, rolling over to face away from him.

"you haven't seen your big brother in almost a year, and this is how you greet me?" he laughs.

"what time is it?" i ask

"around 6:30," he informs

"unless waffles, taron egerton, or lil peep is downstairs, i'm not getting out of bed until at least nine."

"well, there are waffles. unfortunately, i don't know about the other two things."

i jump out of bed and run down the stairs, mikey right behind me.

"it. smells. so. good," i tell him.

"i'm glad you think so, because i messed up the first two batches, they were literally inedible."

"that's fine, you fixed it. assuming you used my waffle batter, you own me a new bag. when did you even get here?"

"about an hour ago, 5:30 or so. i put my stuff in your spare bedroom and cake down here to make breakfast," he stops to take a bite of his waffle. as he's chewing, he points his fork at my plate, motioning for me to eat.

i take a bit and wash it down with the apple juice that had been poured into my cup minutes earlier. "what do you want to do today?" i ask

"there's a music festival in town, it's near the boardwalk. we could go look around for a bit then go check out a few rides?"

"sounds good, what time does the festival open?"

"around noon i believe, so we have about five hours or so." mikey says as he gets up and grabs our cups and plates, taking them to the sink.

"so how long ago did you buy the passes?" i ask. "It had to have been before you got here." i say with a grin.

"about two months ago," he says turning around with a smirk. "i knew i would be in town, and this band i really like will be performing. i think you'll really like them."

"alright then, i'm going to get a bit of work done and then get ready. make yourself comfortable,"

i receive a thumbs up and a smile in return before i go upstairs.

sitting at my feet, i pull my notebook out of the drawer and turn on my computer. i've been working on a novel for a few months and i feel like i'm getting to the end.

After typing up a few chapters, i check the time and see the time is around eleven. i decide to take a shower.

grabbing my clothes and such, i go into the bathroom and brush hair. i do the rest of my shower routine and walk out feeling refreshed.

walking in to my room, i sit down and do my makeup. i don't really wear much makeup, if nay. just a bit of mascara, sometimes eyeliner, so it takes me about five minutes. I get dressed, then go downstairs, only to see mikey laying sprawled out of the couch watching what i can only assume to be john wick.