| three |

noah

[november 11th, 2016]

after the show, folio had suggested that we all go to the boardwalk that wasn't far from the festival. all of us agreed, and we invited bryan to go with us. on the car ride over they were all talking about their favorite part of the show. we went in a circle, and when it got to me, i had nothing to say.

"i didn't really have a favorite part,"

"you were staring in the same direction for like 5 minutes, what was up with that?" nick asks.

"oh, yeah, there were these two people that pretty much ran into the crowd when we were finishing up exit wounds, and the girl was really pretty. i've never seen anyone like her,"

"what'd she look like?" asks bryan from the front seat.

"she had black-ish brown hair and her eyes looked like they might have been a grey color. she was pretty," i say, zoning out of the conversation.

by the time i tune back into whatever they were talking about, we've arrived at the boardwalk. we all agreed we wanted to go on the rollercoaster as soon as we saw it, but we decided to save it for last.

when we finally went to the rollercoaster, the ride manager said we all had to pair up. the guys paired up within 5 seconds, leaving me completely by myself. i had a feeling they were planning something, but you never know with them.

as i look around seeing if there might be anyone who may want to go on the rollercoaster, i hear someone audibly gasp from beside me. i turn around and folio immediately points to the left of the line.

"that looks like the girl you described, at least, i think so," he tells me.

and he's right, that's her.

she's astonishing  up close. she looks like she may be arguing with the guy she's talking to, but it doesn't look serious.

"i don't want to interrupt if they're on a date,"

"they look extremely similar besides how fucking tall he is, i don't think you'll have any problems," nick says. "just go for it. if they're on a date, just apologize and walk away."

i debate it in my head for a few seconds before walking over to them.

"find someone else to go with you, because i will not  be getting on that rollercoaster with you!" the man that was with her exclaims.

"do one of you guys need someone to ride with? me and some of my friends wanted to ride but there was five of us and they already paired up."

"yes! thank you! this guy won't go with me," she says, glaring at the man behind her.

"hey, what the hell, you know i hate rollercoasters!" he contradicts.

"yeah, okay. you sir!" she says, pointing at me. "let's go ride a rollercoaster!"

i smile and begin to walk with her to the line.

"for future reference, my name is noah,"

___________________________________

once the ride was over, the girl whose name i learned was blake, yells 'thank you' and runs over to who i learned was her brother, and then i turn and walk to the guys.

"were you guys trying to set me up or something? i could have went by myself you know?"

"yes, we were." jolly tells me with a completely blank face.

"we had to noah! you were basically fangirling over her during the car ride here!" folio says

"that doesn't mean you need to try to set me up with her!" i groan, rubbing my face

i didn't even notice the rest of them getting in the car until nick yelled at us, telling us to get in since we were leaving to go back to the hotel.

___________________________

about twenty minutes into the car ride, jolly pulls into the parking lot of a convenience store.

"you have 5 minutes to grab what you want for a movie tonight. make it back out here, or i will  leave you here."

i know he's just joking around, but you can tell he's tired. there's a certain seriousness in his tone that lets you know he's sincere with his statement.

folio, bryan, and i all run into the store. i go straight to the candy aisle, craving some of those gummy peach rings. as i turn, i see blake. she's reaching for a chocolate bar, only to quickly jerk her hand away.

"damn, what'd the candy bar ever do to you?

"well for future reference, i'm extremely allergic," she says, turning around. we're about a foot away from each other. now that i'm seeing her in a proper light, she's even more beautiful than i first thought. i know iv'e said it multiple times, but it's like she hit me like a train. there is absolutely no way she's real.

"i guess i'll have to keep that in mind then," i smirk.

"guess so," she grins in return.

she makes eye contact with something or someone behind me, then i hear someone talking.

"you're the guy from the board walk!"

she has a look of both embarrassment and disappointment on her face, like she was hoping the person wouldn't say anything.

"thank you for going with my sister earlier," he continues.

"of course, yeah, i had a lot of fun, i hope she did as well."

"it was all she talked about on the way over here, so i think she did. could i ask you something though?"

"um, yeah, sure," i replied.

"could i possibly get your number?" he asks outright.

"um- i'm not-" i stutter out. i'm stunned, no one has ever asked me something like that so boldly

"not for me, no, for blake." he says with an amused expression.

"oh, yeah, i guess, sorry." i rambled, holding my hand out. he puts his phone in it and i add my number, then hand it back.

it's been longer than five minutes, i know that for a fact, and i definitely need to go pay and leave. "i need to go, but it was nice meeting you!" i tell him as i jog up to the check out, not giving him time to respond.

once i get there, i see blake standing next to the cashier. i wait behind her, but she makes no move to pay.

"my brother is paying, go ahead," she mumbles, and motions for me to go ahead.

"thank you," i say, stepping in front of her to pay. when i'm done, i turn to look at her.

"it was nice to meet you. i think your brother may have something for you, just so you know." i say, walking out the door.

getting into the car, i see folio and bryan are already back in their seats, which meant we were free to go home.

"thank you for not leaving me here, jolly," i piped from the back seat with a yawn.

"you're welcome, Noah," he mumbled.

it takes about fifteen minutes to get to our hotel, and by the time we do, we've all agreed on what movie we're going to watch, who's room to use, and who's doing food.

we decide on the movie the butterfly effect, mine and nick's room, and i'm on kitchen duty. once im done, i join the rest of them in the living room area, and we start the movie.