Three

It was just me, Max, Steve, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin at the table.

"Did, you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins A.V." Mike asked us. Bob... Bob where had I heard that name before? That's right, the man that died, that Joyce was calling out to. "He petitioned for the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him." 

"A.V.? Petition? School? Fundraiser? Mr. Clarke?" I asked them. Dustin was the first to answer.

"A.V. is like a radio, do you know what a radio is?" I nodded. "Petition means you beg for something to happen. School is a place where you go to learn about things. And Mr. Clarke, is our teacher." He told me.

"T-teacher?" I was so confused. 

"Someone who teaches us." Said Lucas. "Someone who shows you things." I nodded in understandment. Mike walked over to Dustin and Lucas ignoring the conversation we just had.

"Pretty awesome, right?" Mike asked.

"Yeah." Dustin and Lucas said in agreement, while me and Max stayed silent. Mike then placed a blue cube on the table.

"We can't let him die in vain." Mike speaks up.

"What do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin asks, unaware of his point. "The chief's right on this. We can't stop the demodogs on our own." 

"Chief? Demo-dogs?" I asked confused.

"The chief is Hopper, he's the chief of police, police are people who fight against bad men." He explained.

"And demo-dogs?" Max asked obviously annoyed.

"Demogorgan, dogs." Dustin tried explaining. "Demo-dogs, it's like a compound, it's like a play on words-"

"Okay." Max cut him off

"What is a compound?" I asked.

"It's two words put together to make a new word." I was told. 

"Okay" I told them saying I understood.

"When it was just Dart, the first demo-dog, maybe we could fight." Dustin explained to Mike, but I was pretty sure the explanation to dart was pointed towards me. 

"But there's an army now." Lucas finished his sentence.

"Precisely." Dustin said.

"Prec-" I started to ask.

"It means correct." Mike said before I could even finish my question. "His army." Mike realized.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"His army!" Mike looked at all of us. Max looked at him weirdly.

"Maybe if we stop him, we can stop him army too." Mike handed us a drawing.