Six

Mike's face immediately softened once he saw the girl

Mike's face immediately softened once he saw the girl. Hopper immediately lowered his gun. A small smile started to appear on my face. 

"Eleven." Mike whispered. 

"Mike." Eleven gasped, in relief. They immediately walked up to each other, and embraced in a tight hug, they stayed like that. 

"Is that...?" Max asked.

"I never gave up on you." Mike was explaining to Eleven. "I called you every night for- every night for."

"353 days." Eleven answered for him. "I heard." 

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asked Eleven.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper intervened. Mike let go of Eleven, and immediately turned to Hopper.

"The hell is this? Where've you been?" Hopper asked Eleven.

"Where have you been?" Eleven asked him. Hopper pulled Eleven into a hug, and Eleven hugged him back.

"You've been hiding her..." Mike started to realize. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike then shoved Hopper, which I flinched at a little. 

"Hey!" Hopper stopped Mike. "Let's talk. Alone." Mike gave in and then they went into another room.  

"He must be her boyfriend." I thought to myself. Then I couldn't wait any longer I ran up and hugged Eleven. 

"012?" She asked me. I nodded.

"I missed you. El" I told her. Still not letting go of our hug.

"I missed you too." She replied. We both let go of our hug.

"I have a short. It's 'Ve'" I told her. 

"'Ve' is pretty." She replied. We both smiled. Eleven went up to Dustin and Lucas. 

"We missed you." Lucas told her.

"I missed you too." Eleven said.

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin added. Eleven backed away from Dustin with a confused look on her face. She touched Dustin's front two teeth.

"Teeth." El said.

"What?" Dustin asked her.

"You have teeth." El realized.

"Oh you like these pearls?" Dustin joked, then he did a weird purring noise, that made me giggle.

"Hey. Um. I'm Max." Max introduced herself. "I've heard a lot about you." Max adds with a smile. El just walked right past Max, ignoring her. Max looked shocked, but also sad. Eleven went to hug Joyce.

"Hey, hey sweetheart." Joyce whispered to her. 

"Can I see him?" Eleven asked Joyce, referring to Will. They then walked into the room where Will was staying. I went up to Max.

"Do not worry, she will like you, give her time." I told her, we went to go sit on the couch together. I was cold and Max could tell, so she wrapped her arm around me. That helped a little, so I put my head on her shoulder and that made me warm up. My face got hot again, and my stomach felt weird.

"Be normal." I thought to myself. Then, Joyce and El walked to the paper that had "close gate" written on it. 

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asked her. Eleven nodded her head.

"Yes." She answered.

"Do you think, if we were able to go back there, that you could close it?" Joyce asked.